Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Hasn't the 4th of March gone this year? Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 12:16 PM)Frosty Wrote: Hasn't the 4th of March gone this year? Smile

Exactly what I was thinking....! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I recon he meant may lads! I know he's got funny colour seats but he ain't stupid lol!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 04:23 PM)Jonny b Wrote: I recon he meant may lads! I know he's got funny colour seats but he ain't stupid lol!!

What can I say...

[Image: image.png]

Squerios note though, MOT is in less than 2 weeks' time!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Did you get round to fitting those BM top mounts? Interested to know what they are like..
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah, not fitted them yet. Just not had the time! I'm hoping to grab a couple of days in mid-May to get some work done on the car. need to fit the oil cooler before the really warm weather, and before I start wanting to get out on track Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 12:04 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Anyway I left it unplugged, and it's heaps better! The throttle feels sharp and linear rather than lumpy and leggy as before, and crucially the heavy engine braking off throttle is gone! As with the jerk when coming off throttle.

It still has a bit of a numb spot at the top of the throttle, but I'm almost certain that's the fact that the sensor is unplugged as it feels the same as when I ask forgot to plug it in....!

So I think I've cured it! Big Grin I'll run it without the tps until I can get a new one as it just feels so much better, but tyeah happy days Big Grin

I think I mentioned earlier on in your thread I had a similar issues and decided to unplug my TPS before driving back from Tesco's and I think it has fixed it as well. I didn't have any noticable flat spots but the main thing was when coming off the throttle the engine braking was very harsh as if I was being clumsy with the throttle but no matter how gently I drove it always felt jolty and not smooth. It's done it for so long I had just assumed it was how these engines were until you mentioned it in here.

I suppose the next thing is to diagnose whether it's the sensor itself or the wiring? Any ideas how to do this? Aren't they like £100 from Pug?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
^^There's a brand new oem one for £50 on the '6 forum, I've not got the money to buy it! Glad its not just me!!
Thanks given by:
here you are guys test info for your Tps sensor from autodata
Smile

.pdf   gti6 intake system.pdf (Size: 150.66 KB / Downloads: 11)
Thanks given by:
Cheers Cully Smile
Thanks given by:
Needs loads and loads of pictures!!! Nice astor though dude the allpys suit it loads Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 09:54 PM)cully Wrote: here you are guys test info for your Tps sensor from autodata
Smile

Ah great, I'm crap with electronics, but could you test the voltage change by plugging into terminal 3 and earthing the other one on the car somewhere rather than having to access both terminals?

I'm guessing 1 is earth, 2 is live, 3 is changey one?
Serious.
Thanks given by:
all three wires go back to the ecu follow the autodata instructions for testing or your results wont be consistent with the autodata test results
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2013, 10:49 PM)cully Wrote: all three wires go back to the ecu follow the autodata instructions for testing or your results wont be consistent with the autodata test results

Righto, I'm guessing you can access the terminals by sliding a small pin down the wire?
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Testing results here, might be of interest http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13278.html
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Wooooooooohoooooooo!

MOT passed! Big Grin

No advisories too! Proper chuffed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice one Ed... Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Always a good feeling!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So I'm happy to announce that this is now my 6...

Future plans are new tyres!

I'm not sure which route to go down alloy wise. I think it looks really smart on the clones.

I've got either my mo5s in white or some team dynamic 1.2s in black...Thoughts?

When I get back from Afghan (august 14) I will be getting an engine down to sandy brown. 240bhp and 200lbs/ft from n/a. Should sound mental.

Ive got tarox 4 pots to fit. I need colour suggestions. Thinking the orange that gt30 used on his cage. Or kawasaki green. Needs to be something bright annd lairy!

I will give it a good clay and wax n polish this week so will get some photos soon.

I'm after a couple of bits too...

Team heko wind deflectors
Ph1 gti/s16 front seats

If anyone has anything let me no.

Oh, and the hdi... Don't even miss it!

I did 250 miles to 59 litres of fuel at the weekend and smiled like a Cheshire cat for every single mile!

Need to fit the oil cooler soon, got temps up to 140 on track :/

She'll be having a service this week or next. Will also be fitting upper and lower strut braces and I'm gonna harden the rear dampers a tad aswell.

Please can a mod rename this thread to my name please! Thanks

And once again, thanks Ed!
Thanks given by:
Lol was on walkie talkies to ed when you were driving the B road towards M3 and saying how chuffed you looked with it! Most can relate to the first time they drive a gti6 and how amazing it sounds, feels and generally how awesome they are!!

Top work mate! Keep it clean and healthy!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'm really glad that this car was sold to another member, let alone yourself. I've been hearing your plans for a while now and can't wait to see you start making some progress Wink
Thanks given by:
Excellent car and couldn't of gone to a better guy!
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 07:56 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Lol was on walkie talkies to ed when you were driving the B road towards M3 and saying how chuffed you looked with it! Most can relate to the first time they drive a gti6 and how amazing it sounds, feels and generally how awesome they are!!

Top work mate! Keep it clean and healthy!

Thanks Ginge. Yeah I'm fairly chuffed with it! Was trying to get it flaming on the b roads!

(29-07-2013, 08:01 AM)Scott Wrote: I'm really glad that this car was sold to another member, let alone yourself. I've been hearing your plans for a while now and can't wait to see you start making some progress Wink

Thanks Scott. I can't wait either. Will be stunning!

(29-07-2013, 08:05 AM)vlj Wrote: Excellent car and couldn't of gone to a better guy!

Naww shucks lol!! Thanks mate! Xx
Thanks given by:
Awesome car, loved sams hooning on Sunday, and it sounds awesome!

Good to meet you also mate!
Thanks given by:
As said man, genuinely happy you've bought this Smile I know it's gone to a good home, and will be used as it should be!!

I had great fun from the passenger seat out on track too Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 09:16 AM)Stephen Wrote: Awesome car, loved sams hooning on Sunday, and it sounds awesome!

Good to meet you also mate!

Haha yeahhhh.... Sorry bout that overtake, i was in charge mode that morning lol

So much fun to drive tho!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Haha it's quite alright! I was more worried about you hitting the land rover! Haha
Thanks given by:
You should have heard me Stephen!!!

Sam, we really should have turned the go pro on!
Thanks given by:
So mate what's the big plans for it?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Um, no that's quite alright, I'd rather not have video evidence of me driving like a lady garden hahaha
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,623 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 133,149 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle