Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
If its got a thermostatic plate, it will be fine. Unless its running at like 20 degrees in which case you need a new plate!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol! it was probably sitting at 75-80ish oil temp... I thought it was a bit low, but meh I'll chuck it on tomorrow if i get a chance then!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
That should be fine i think! And i hate you....all this talk of oil coolers has made me want one and the worst thing is the guy who sells the mocal kits on ebay is in Dorking so i could go and get one tomorrow! I hate my inability not to spend wisely!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 09:40 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: 6. Fitted Cully's resistors to finally put my airbag lights out!!!

all fitted and worked ok? all lights normal?
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:09 PM)Niall Wrote: That should be fine i think! And i hate you....all this talk of oil coolers has made me want one and the worst thing is the guy who sells the mocal kits on ebay is in Dorking so i could go and get one tomorrow! I hate my inability not to spend wisely!

Be careful, not all of them on eBay are the genuine article, I have seen more than one non genuine mocal shit itself! Lol

Ed those 17's make a big difference! Looks good
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:09 PM)Niall Wrote: That should be fine i think! And i hate you....all this talk of oil coolers has made me want one and the worst thing is the guy who sells the mocal kits on ebay is in Dorking so i could go and get one tomorrow! I hate my inability not to spend wisely!

Haha!! yes but you get major man-points for shutting your eyes and spending on shiny '6 parts Tongue

I got mine with a mann filter, fitting brackets, lines and thermostatic sandwich plate for £135 last year IIRC of JJC on ebay. Very good value. It isn't a mocal cooler, can't remember the make but it was one I recognise anyway!

(29-03-2013, 10:18 PM)cully Wrote: all fitted and worked ok? all lights normal?

Yep temporarily just stuck the wires in the back of the plugs, but I'll probably solder or crimp them in tomorrow if i get time!

(29-03-2013, 10:22 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Be careful, not all of them on eBay are the genuine article, I have seen more than one non genuine mocal shit itself! Lol

Ed those 17's make a big difference! Looks good

Thanks man Big Grin I ADORE the tuwinis, just hoping it's not too early to get them on!!
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2013, 10:07 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Lol! it was probably sitting at 75-80ish oil temp... I thought it was a bit low, but meh I'll chuck it on tomorrow if i get a chance then!!

You will need to cover it a bit then. Oil dosent burn off all the contaminants till 80*C so you want to be getting up to that temperature and keeping it above there.
Thanks given by:
Need to get some of those resistors myself...

What have you set your tracking to dude? Set mine up to 2* toe-out and now it tramlines like a bitch lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Resistors, does this mean the airbag light goes on and off an passes the mot?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Indeed it does. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sweet, I want some, where can I get some, I want some now!! Lol
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2013, 10:21 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Sweet, I want some, where can I get some, I want some now!! Lol

Cully does them.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well I ran out of enthusiasm for working on the car by Saturday. didn't help that it was cold as, and I was knackered with a bloody cold etc. and generally feeling pretty run-down.

I'm hoping with the weather brightening up *touches wood* it'll get a bit warmer, and with more light in the evenings I'll get some time in the next couple of weekends to do the top-mounts particularly.

As above, I do think it's a bit premature for the oil cooler now; I'll put that on when it's warm enough to keep my oil at 90 when cruising to work, let alone ragging it!!

Catch tank... well I sorta couldn't figure out where to put that in the end, but I think I've found a spot, so will have a bash at that when I get a chance.

On the plus side, I liberated my old coil packs from the back of Matt's rallye, so will fit those with the new plugs next time I get a chance!

Might have a few shinies for sale soon too, stay tuned!
Thanks given by:
They are speedline Turini wheels aren't they?
Thanks given by:
They are indeed Smile
Thanks given by:
Afternoon all Smile

Had a lovely few days in the first proper sunshine of the weekend Tongue

I even found time to jetwash the car off a couple of times Tongue AND managed to get Mazz out in the car for a drive through Petworth etc! Tongue

Unfortunatley it appears the weather wont be staying over the coming week, so I didn't bother getting the clay/g3/srp/wax out yet. Dying to though!!

Annoyingly this running issue I keep moaning about is still there. It bugs the crap out of me Sad

Anyway, I had a spare 20mins this afternoon so whipped the plugs out.

From battery side to cam pullies;

Now I don't know a huge amount about plugs and how the colour relates to how the engine is running; can anyone who knows what they're looking for comment please Smile

Niall PLLLEEEEEASE can we go for a drive at some point soon with pp plugged in again to try to get this issue looked at? I know its a pain in the arse, but it's doing my friggin head in!

lots of love x
Thanks given by:
They look pretty good to me buddy!! Not much in the way of deposits...!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They look fairly healthy tbh.

Ed, if there is still a issue (which if im honest, i genuinely dont think there is from driving it the other day), im starting to think it could be your ecu at fault.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I do have an unlocked spare with a raised rev limiter..... I ninja

Thing is I'm pretty sure it's intermittent... Sometimes it starts badly and then seems to drive badly. But literally if it's like that, going 2miles down the road to fuel up or whatever, starting it again it's a lot better?

Also on Saturday mazz followed me in the tunnel, I was obviously getting some rude pops n bangs, and she malentioned that when it flames occasionally it's blue, and occasionally it's yellow/orange? Not sure if that points to anything?
Thanks given by:
those plugs look great...they also look like iridium tipped ones which last a lot longer...I would have greased the threads and popped em back in and saved the new set for later date.

looking good tho pal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I didn't bother swapping them for new ones, yeah they are NGK iridiums Smile cheers mate Smile ill bung up another few photos shortly from before I got the tyre gel out :p

Problem with astor is it looks a million times better in the metal. It looks much deeper as a colour standing in front if it. Photos do not do it justice!
Thanks given by:
theres a problem with the first plug!
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 05:47 PM)cully Wrote: theres a problem with the first plug!

....go on...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As above... Elaborate!!
Thanks given by:
some bum fart took the photo out of focus!
Thanks given by:
The flames being different colours is nothing to worry about, they all do that.

It's to do with a whole range of factors such as engine speed, afr, exhaust temps and so much more.
Thanks given by:
Colour of flames is also to do with how hot they are, blue flame is hotter than orange
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 05:59 PM)cully Wrote: some bum fart took the photo out of focus!

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Go back to your lecktricks old man Tongue
Tbh it was quite hard taking photos of the tips, my hands were shaking a bit, and the phone didn't want to focus on them at the range where you could actually see them! Anyway, if the general consensus is theyre alright I'll just drive on Big Grin

(07-04-2013, 06:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The flames being different colours is nothing to worry about, they all do that.

It's to do with a whole range of factors such as engine speed, afr, exhaust temps and so much more.

(07-04-2013, 06:06 PM)Matt Wrote: Colour of flames is also to do with how hot they are, blue flame is hotter than orange

Fair play, cheers chaps Smile
Thanks given by:
Wooooooooohoooooooo

The Sun is out finally! I've had the day off work and managed to get out for a cheeky drive Wink

I got pretty fed up with how the car was running by the time I got home, so unplugged the tps last night with the engine still running.... Bit of a stutter but then kept running.

Anyway I left it unplugged, and it's heaps better! The throttle feels sharp and linear rather than lumpy and leggy as before, and crucially the heavy engine braking off throttle is gone! As with the jerk when coming off throttle.

It still has a bit of a numb spot at the top of the throttle, but I'm almost certain that's the fact that the sensor is unplugged as it feels the same as when I ask forgot to plug it in....!

So I think I've cured it! Big Grin I'll run it without the tps until I can get a new one as it just feels so much better, but tyeah happy days Big Grin

Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple of weeks to give it another wash with my new pressure washer too, then I'll chuck some pics up Smile

Mot time on 4th March too....! :S
Thanks given by:
I would say good luck with the mot! But I don't mean it ha ha

Jest!! Good luck byach let's hope it don't fail on the wrong colour seats and a wobbly steering wheel lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,622 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 133,145 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle