325TDS Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
325TDS Issues
Im having issues with the fueling / ECU sysyem on my BMW ans Im wondering if anyone here can shed any light on it.

Firstly when its cold it dosent like it if you let off the throttle to change gear, the revs fall away very quickly and it tries to stall.

Secondly sometimes when cold cruising at less then 2500 RPM the revs/speed will suddenly start falling. Sometimes standing on the throttle brings it back to life but sometimes I have to drop a couple of gears and stand on the throttle. Usually when it dies like this the fuel injection system warning light comes on.

There is a slight misfire at about 1200-1600rpm on light throttle.

Also since I got a puncture and put the spare on then had the rears replaced with a larger profile tyre its been trying to run away with itself. If im cruising at over 40-45mph (any gear) on light throttle the car will usually start trying to accelerate and when i let off the throttle it keeps accelerating. To stop it I have to brake to bring it back below 40mph.

In 3rd it really accelerates alarmingly quickly, like i was full throttle and if i dip the clutch it will hit the rev limiter.

In 5th, with my foot off the throttle it will hit about 2650 rpm, feel like someone has touched the brakes, and then the revs will drop back to 2500 and itll start accelerating again.

Also in 5th braking from 70mph it feels like someone is blipping the throttle every so often untill i get below about 40mph.

I think the first 3 are linked and the 4th is a separate issue
Thanks given by:
Dodgy tps at a guess ? That is just a guess though, I know f all about these engines.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I thought that too mate, Also thought it could be the traction control not liking the fact that the fronts are spinning faster than the rears constantly.
Thanks given by:
take out the fuse for the traction control (if you can) and see if that does anything? otherwise id think a faulty sensor somewhere.... but i thought this was mech injection? clearly not haha
so maybe tps, maf (if it has one) IAT, or any other sensors relating to how much air/fuel is getting in
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ive worked out the running away with itself is the traction control getting pissy that the rears are spinning slower than the fronts so i just have to remember to turn it off every journey.

Anyone got any ideas on the cutting out and stalling, could it be something to do with the fact the EGR was blocked and ive now removed it.
Thanks given by:
first off the ecu knows theres something wrong so i would ring around to a few local garages and ask if their diagnostic scanner can do the BMs with the under bonnet connector, check around the peddles on the right hand side for a flap, if its there then you have a standard OBDII connector and most diagnostic scanners should be able to pick up codes. failing that one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-20-PIN-16 ... 4d01473971 and get them to plug it in or come to my garage and get it done with the ebay adapter and our diagnostic equipment
Thanks given by:
Does it help/drive better when the tanks more than qtr full? Mine needs a lift pump and anywhere near a quarter it gives these symptoms! The tank pump when failed causes an air leak into the diesel system at around qtr or just over. Ive just kept mine above half. My egr is blanked also but no ill effects.
Thanks given by:
Steve im tempted to plug it in but i think itll just be a load of nondescript codes that mean nothing to me.

Con its the same whatever the fuel level. The lift pump was my first thought.
Thanks given by:
if you do get it plugged in i can have a look at them and have a think about what could be causing them
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  325TDS bosch Dum-Dum 6 1,685 03-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb