Estate Rear shocks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estate Rear shocks
Can someone tell me is there any difference between the rear shocks for a hatchback and estate, I need some new ones for my estate yet some listings say for hatchback only. I thought all 306s had the same rear shocks just different torsion bars and so on....
also would I have any problems fitting lowering springs off a petrol car to my hdi
Thanks given by:
Estates have got load sensitive shocks, there twice as big as hatch shock., petrol springs wont really work as they have got different spring rates
Thanks given by:
Rear shocks are the same iirc as for front if you fit petrol springs to a derv it may not drop it as low as it should or may drop it more. personaly i wouldnt do it as it will most likely mess up the handeling of the car

Thanks given by:
So still not sure, all I know I got one leaking shock on back, as for lowering it handles like a oil tanker already so anything might be an improvement
Thanks given by:
I fitted a rear beam off a estate to one of my old cars the shockes were the same as i had on the beam i removed so im quite sure they are the same unless the shocks had been replaced with different ones on the estate the beam came from.

Did you see the reply for the injectors mate? if you think they are to much make me a offer need to shift some parts Smile

Thanks given by:
100% the standard rear shocks off a estate are different, iv got them fitted on my lowered hatch and they are really good,
Thanks given by:
Yeah I did I was hoping they be lower milage as my car seems noisy an its got 127k on it , I got to get the important bits done first ready for dreaded Mot, So got to get some shocks cheap and possibly front shocks and springs and ns lower ball joint or complete wishbone.
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2012, 09:20 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: 100% the standard rear shocks off a estate are different, iv got them fitted on my lowered hatch and they are really good,

the estate beam must of had the shockes changed then at some point Smile

(13-11-2012, 09:21 PM)v6kickass Wrote: Yeah I did I was hoping they be lower milage as my car seems noisy an its got 127k on it , I got to get the important bits done first ready for dreaded Mot, So got to get some shocks cheap and possibly front shocks and springs and ns lower ball joint or complete wishbone.

No worrys mate. the injectors are good the car ran realy well before the battery went flat lol. nice to see another local member will have to have a meet up at some point Smile

Thanks given by:
If I get some change from my parts list I will have em off you. Im from church hill originally.
Thanks given by:
Small world i used to live in church hill about 9 years ago ymca behind the centre then moved to deans close Smile

Get some pics up of your car i may have seen you around Smile

Thanks given by:
I have some standard estate rear shocks if you need them £20 posted? Seen a fair few miles but are still working fine i believe.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah tht be good as long as they aint leaking like mine.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear shocks Pgtips 6 2,004 13-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Citroen ZX rear shocks xanax 13 2,695 16-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Last Post: xanax
  Best Rear Shocks? Eeyore 9 2,018 09-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: BiG K