Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project
(21-09-2013, 07:24 PM)cully Wrote: they might not even put it on the ramps just look to see its clean and looks like it has been replaced Wink

Hmm, not sure about that.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
That tester is not a great mechanic then, should know the difference as i guess they've been in the game a while !

At least it was a short failure list, get it fixed and fun times ahead Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 07:26 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(21-09-2013, 07:24 PM)cully Wrote: they might not even put it on the ramps just look to see its clean and looks like it has been replaced Wink

I may have done this - removed, cleaned up, WD40 all over it, cleaned off their chalk marks... and replaced with complete pinch bolt

Worth a go as a last resort Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
lot of work dane - its now runseverything fine?
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2013, 07:18 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Well the re-test will only re-test on the failures. It can't retest and find new faults; so if it's a pass, it's a pass. A hub can be replaced at a later date, and cheers Niall, might well consider that ThumbsUp

When they re test it they should jack the car up and check for play so if its the bearing there will still be play so they can then fail it on that. Its like if a car fails on o/s/f tyre and you take it home and swap the wheel with the o/s/r tyre. It would fail again! To be honest it would be best to speak to the mot tester or get it sorted. If it fails on the re test it will need a full test again and that means you have to pay again that you wont want.

As for the play in the bearing have you got the drive shaft nut really tight? If it isn't really tight they sometimes have a bit of play. Worth a try
Thanks given by:
It's going back in tomorrow.

We will leave the car at the garage and ask them to fix everything that we cant complete today. (currently looking like the ABS as we potentially have a replacement wishbone)

Nothing's being bodged here! I'm not letting that be the case.
Thanks given by:
Eli the wishbone is fine! It does not need replacing, so save your money and leave it as is
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 09:27 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: Eli the wishbone is fine! It does not need replacing, so save your money and leave it as is

Have you seen the other 2 bushes on there.... it hasn't got long left.
plus it's an MOT failure; would be taking the piss if we didnt Undecided
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ninja
Thanks given by:
She passed! I drove her home from the garage, it was my first drive post-op. What a little beauty, I can't wait to do more driving.
(And get all the boost) in good time!

None of the dials work, which sucks, but I've been driving the 205 for the last 2 months in preparation for XUD ownership; I now know full well that there will always be something wrong!
Thanks given by:
Glad it passed Smile

How does it fell compared to when it had the gti6 lump?
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 08:24 PM)Frosty Wrote: Glad it passed Smile

Slower and quieter! But it feels like there's so much potential! With a gti; without spending a fortune (more money than I've got) you can't get more power....
Thanks given by:
That last statement ιs not yours Eli!!! That ιs straight out of a derv head!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need to change your signature Wink
Thanks given by:
guess this is a ph2 xud in a ph3??....

if so, pop some ph2 turbo diesel dials in and most of it should work. my glow plug n foglight warning bulbs dont work but everything else does so far!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 08:46 PM)Scott Wrote: You need to change your signature Wink

True dat

Thanks given by:
Epic! Just a warning, boost is more addictive than crystal meth, you will want more and more. If I wasn't saving money for the work on my house I'd have gone TD04 and FMIC on mine. Enjoy it, it's a totaly different drive to a powerful petrol, I know coming from a 1.8T back to a DT Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 09:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: guess this is a ph2 xud in a ph3??....

if so, pop some ph2 turbo diesel dials in and most of it should work. my glow plug n foglight warning bulbs dont work but everything else does so far!

Those bulbs had gone in the dials so gave you so try swapping them

Thanks given by:
scrub that. seen that its a ph2.

are you still using gti clocks!?

(23-09-2013, 09:06 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(23-09-2013, 09:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: guess this is a ph2 xud in a ph3??....

Those bulbs had gone in the dials so gave you so try swapping them

ahhhhhhhh Dodgy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 08:36 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:

without spending a fortune (more money than I've got) you can't get more power....

Wrong! Just need to know where to look Wink

Glad this is finally up and running. Must be nice to be back in your own car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 09:09 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-09-2013, 08:36 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:

without spending a fortune (more money than I've got) you can't get more power....

Wrong! Just need to know where to look Wink

Glad this is finally up and running. Must be nice to be back in your own car!

I KNEW you were going to comment on the cost!! :p

Thank you, it's been a while but it's great having my car back. Fingers crossed it lasts Smile
Thanks given by:
Only reason i can say that is because i know people that have acheived easily over 200bhp for less than 1500 quid. Pound to power, you would of been better off this route but then your aim wasnt power so its pointless me saying this lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
YAY! it's finally done, the boys did well! Perfect timing as your birthday present :p
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 09:36 PM)Niall Wrote: Only reason i can say that is because i know people that have acheived easily over 200bhp for less than 1500 quid. Pound to power, you would of been better off this route but then your aim wasnt power so its pointless me saying this lol

You can spend a lot less than £1500 on a XUD and make good power. Wouldn't be as much as 200bhp but a lot more torque
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 09:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Epic! Just a warning, boost is more addictive than crystal meth, you will want more and more. If I wasn't saving money for the work on my house I'd have gone TD04 and FMIC on mine. Enjoy it, it's a totaly different drive to a powerful petrol, I know coming from a 1.8T back to a DT Big Grin

This! I spend all day wondering about how I'm going to get my next fix, I get withdrawal symptoms without it and sometimes cant sleep at night as there is too much boost on my mind.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 12:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(23-09-2013, 09:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Epic! Just a warning, boost is more addictive than crystal meth, you will want more and more. If I wasn't saving money for the work on my house I'd have gone TD04 and FMIC on mine. Enjoy it, it's a totaly different drive to a powerful petrol, I know coming from a 1.8T back to a DT Big Grin

This! I spend all day wondering about how I'm going to get my next fix, I get withdrawal symptoms without it and sometimes cant sleep at night as there is too much boost on my mind.

Boost dreams = morning wood.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 12:27 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(23-09-2013, 09:36 PM)Niall Wrote: Only reason i can say that is because i know people that have acheived easily over 200bhp for less than 1500 quid. Pound to power, you would of been better off this route but then your aim wasnt power so its pointless me saying this lol

You can spend a lot less than £1500 on a XUD and make good power. Wouldn't be as much as 200bhp but a lot more torque

1500 could get you forged rods, 11mm bosch and a decent turbo seeing over 200bhp. Itwasntme
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Lessons learned? Don't wear nice shoes around gearboxes -_-

Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 01:48 PM)strictly_derv Wrote:
(24-09-2013, 12:27 PM)Frosty Wrote:

1500 could get you forged rods, 11mm bosch and a decent turbo seeing over 200bhp. Itwasntme

And the rest! You'd have enough change from £1500 to buy yourself a GTi and remind yourself why boost is so much more fun to drive.

You could really go to town with £1500 on an XUD...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Touché sir
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,871 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
Rainbow Diablo 306 HDi Project dhdcdarchy 80 20,727 28-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 40,118 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191