Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door seal leaking, cant figure it out?
What pray are the oe holes in the rubber for, to let air out when the door is closed, multi function when they start to leak, better out than in I suppose.......

I will check if there are these "air holes" at the top of the seal but i dont think pugeot are that daft.......

When i did the door card inner seal, the one that blanks off the access holes in the door for the fitting of the window/locks etc.. the oe pug spare part was about £40 !  I made do with the blue DPM and gaffa tape, which works great !

Needs must as long as its not "safety critical", illegal etc..

Cable ties or oe clips at 85p plus vat a go.......there are something like 24 cable ties holding the front of the engine under tray on our car, thats just the front of the under tray, all the others are oe quick release clips and the 2 back bolts.

I didnt buy a new under tray but repaired the old one, made 6mm bolt on repair pieces for the bad areas.......a bogde...........but it worked and is still working ok.

Maybe the water is pooling at the top of the seal and getting into the tube thru a crack, renew the seal at what ever the cost......then eventually get a new car.........

I'm not "having a go" but when you have spent hours and hours and hours searching for the fault, with no success.........its nice when you stop bashing your head against a brick wall...........

I'm still having soooo much fun searching for the fault when the central locking goes buzzerk, strongly suspect water entering the door loom cone inside the door as its cracked to hell, it has been letting in water by the looks, just trying to arrange a time so i can attend to the wires.

I propose using 7 core trailer cable in a group of 3 ( 21 wires ), all colour coded and listed . The trailer 7 core cable is flexible so should cope with the door opening and closing ok, and will be a continuous run from inside the car to inside the door, unless you can suggest where i can get a pug repair section for similar money ?? please.....
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Door seal leaking, cant figure it out? - by pug306driver - 08-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  leak on pasaanger door window seal L16rye 6 2,567 09-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Last Post: L16rye
  Water in door seal kernow_joe 15 3,602 15-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe