Parcel shelf speakers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parcel shelf speakers
What’s the consensus on them? Obviously a shit place to have speakers, mine seem to vibrate and make horrible noises. Get rid of them? Replace with low powered items? 

I want a OE parcel shelf so won’t be building any MDF heavy weight things! Car is currently getting sound proofed, using a half decent pioneer head unit, component fronts and a active sub.

Thanks, 

Ali
Thanks given by:
i have kenwoods in the front doors, Alpine 6x9's in the parcel shelf and an Alpine sub in the boot, always pop 6x9's on the shelf, personally i think they can work well Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Could always replace with new speakers in the oem positions.
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
The rear parcel shelf ones are pretty shallow. Youd have to cut the bottom of the mounts out to fit anything bigger in unless you could space them out somehow. I usually find ramping the audio back on the standard rear speakers sounds good enough for me.
Thanks given by:
bin them off and the radio
turn up the volume the engine sounds sweet at 11

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
dont think the dw10 will go to 11 more than once...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
What shelf have you got. I tend to find the “stealth” shelf has better quality speakers in. This may jist be as its newer though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
My car seems to have had some more powerful speakers fitted to the parcel shelf by a previous owner.  They sound pretty good TBH - no buzzing.  (I've always thought the standard 306 sound system was OK too).

The replacement ones are heavy though & the boot struts don't seem to be up to the job of taking the weight so the boot regularly cracks me on the head!  Must look in to some better struts Smile.
Thanks given by:
Get decent components fronts. Disconnect the rears. They don't sound great. Only reason I can think of for having rears is to even out the volume for rear passengers. But even then the sound is coming from behind. Not good.

Get decent fronts, creating a good sound stage. Also the head unit is pretty average. A new HU will make a big difference.
Thanks given by:
Some good advice thanks, I’ll fit some cheap standard size after market items, have components up front. It’s a standard phase 3 stealth shelf with the baskets!

6x9’s would be nice as they are dirt cheap it seems but won’t fit in OE location!

And I would never get rid of the stereo! Listen to music on every journey, a roattly 200k HDI isn’t music!
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2017, 07:38 PM)allye Wrote: Some good advice thanks, I’ll fit some cheap standard size after market items, have components up front. It’s a standard phase 3 stealth shelf with the baskets!

6x9’s would be nice as they are dirt cheap it seems but won’t fit in OE location!

And I would never get rid of the stereo! Listen to music on every journey, a roattly 200k HDI isn’t music!

I dont mind listening to my rattly 220K HDI means i can tell when somethings broken  Rofl

Honestly dude after reading a few threads get some decent front door speakers and sack the parcel shelf ones off. Im gonna give them method a go and see where im at. If worse comes to worse i can always just plug them back in  Rofl
Check Out My Build Threads // Puglet Build 
Thanks given by:
In the rallye ive got focal 165vs in the front with a decent head unit. However even though its caged with the rear seats removed i still keep the parcel shelf in with the rear speakers as it adds a lot to the sound!
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2017, 07:38 PM)allye Wrote: Some good advice thanks, I’ll fit some cheap standard size after market items, have components up front. It’s a standard phase 3 stealth shelf with the baskets!

yes it's true you need to cut the parcel shelf Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
you could probably space the rear holders out. maybe ill look into 3d printing spacers.
Thanks given by:
Alpine Type E 6.5" speakers are my choice usually with Pugs...

Very very nice and shallow too, so fit in OEM places.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parcel shelf Jimer64 2 1,875 15-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jimer64
  door and parcel shelf speakers Dramsay1984 3 1,363 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Upgrading parcel shelf speakers C.A.R. 8 1,811 02-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Kwik