Peugeot 306 HDi Not Starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 HDi Not Starting
Hi all, bought a 306 Dturbo ph3 a couple weeks back, car had no MOT but ran perfectly. The boy drove it to my house and swapped over the battery claiming that the battery used was taken out of his corsa and the Peugeot battery was flat. Took it a spin ran fine but won't start now, it just turns over but won't spark. I've been told it will probably be a fuel problem, so the first thing i done was check the lift pump located under the seat behind the driver. You can hear the pump priming and took the fuel lines off and fuel is being put in and then pumped out. For some bizarre reason after taking the fuel lines out,(making sure fuel was getting to pump) then reconnecting the car started. But as soon as i turned the car off letting it lye for a good while the car wouldn't start up again. Boy from the garage had a code reader on it but no faults were coming up(this wasnt on PP2000) , any thoughts on the problem?
Thanks given by:
Could the fuel filter be clogged?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How can i check this? Tried abit of easy start and that got the car running just cut out straight away though.
Thanks given by:
check the engine relay one of the pins burnes out
Thanks given by:
That's a good shout, brown relay lives behind the ecu in the engine bay.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: