306 GTi6 back box needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 GTi6 back box needed
Has anyone got a back box for 98 306 GTi6 or can you recommend one of the ones off eBay.

My dad is using my car at moment and it's failed MOT on back box. Rather than get one off Peugeot I thought I'd ask here for next best option. Eg which makes to avoid etc

Car in Glasgow so would need posted up here.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Can't comment on the eBay offerings I'm afraid.

GSF car parts do a Bosal back box which is supposed to be good quality.  (Part number 252PC0679 on their website).  I usually get a discount code at the weekend giving 50% off at the checkout.  I'll let you know if one comes through as it would only be £90 then.  Or someone else on here might have a code for this weekend?

Car Parts for Less do a Klarius back box for just under £60 (Product Code: 705735181).  They're not supposed to be great quality but I've had one fitted for 2 years now and it seems to be holding up OK.

Easy enough to fit yourself.  Might need a new clamp and/or rubber hangers as well.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Clamp-...SwH1NZhO2T
Thanks given by:
I have a scorpion one I may part with, I'm guessing you'd like a standard one though?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies. I'll see if I can find a GSF code.

I'm currently out of action due to an illness so can't really do much. I've not driven the car for months. Sad

I don't mind brand as long as i can get it fitted asap as my dad is without a car at the moment. What would be the issue with the scorpion?

Argggh the Bosal is out of stock. And the karius not in car parts for less site.

Any of the ones on eBay worth a punt?

Thanks given by:
I did wonder whether the Bosal at GSF would be available as was only showing for collection from local stores.

Just checked CP4L site and the Klarius is definitely in stock.  It even let me add one to the basket.  Have another look. Smile

Oh and use code PAYDAY at checkout to get 14% off!
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2017, 02:48 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I did wonder whether the Bosal at GSF would be available as was only showing for collection from local stores.

Just checked CP4L site and the Klarius is definitely in stock.  It even let me add one to the basket.  Have another look. Smile

Oh and use code PAYDAY at checkout to get 14% off!
Ah I searched the part number. Let me try again. Thanks

Ahhh I put in my number plate which for some reason didn't match any rear sections.

Thanks given by:
That's weird because part number 705735181 shows up as fitting a 2 litre petrol 306 and looks like the right part.  Cookies issue perhaps?
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2017, 03:28 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: That's weird because part number 705735181 shows up as fitting a 2 litre petrol 306 and looks like the right part.  Cookies issue perhaps?
I think it's because I put in the number plate. And the site filters it out based on the results from the number plate. But I removed it and all is good.

Thanks again.

Thanks given by:
No issues with the scorpion other than it is a fair bit louder and boomier than standard, although maybe with the centre section it is okay- I have no midbox.

I've replaced it with a box I think I prefer the sound of but my 306 is out of action for another week or so until I get the chance to drive it to confirm I like it better than the scorpion and that I am indeed going to sell it.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
klarius is pretty crap IME, i'd get the scorpion.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2017, 05:00 PM)welshpug Wrote: klarius is pretty crap IME, i'd get the scorpion.
Doh. Klarius going on today. £50 so not a bank breaker to get MOT.

Will keep an eye out for something better.

Saying that I don't drive the car much with my current condition. So not something I'm too worried about. But appreciate the opinion.

If a nice SS exhaust turns up.... I'll think about it.
Thanks given by:
As said before I'd read some negative things about the Klarius but mine seems made well enough and can't complain as also paid around £50. I expect it won't be any worse than the cheap unknown brands you were looking at on eBay. If you have a problem CP4L state on their site that the Klarius comes with a 3 year warranty.

Hope your health improves soon btw.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2017, 06:41 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: As said before I'd read some negative things about the Klarius but mine seems made well enough and can't complain as also paid around £50. I expect it won't be any worse than the cheap unknown brands you were looking at on eBay. If you have a problem CP4L state on their site that the Klarius comes with a 3 year warranty.

Hope your health improves soon btw.
Thanks and both accounts.

My dad is enjoying himself in it. He's been asked twice if he'd sell. And that's with the diablo lacquer peel all over.
Thanks given by:
All MoT'd now I assume? I've got a diablo XSi with terrible lacquer peel .....noone has asked to buy it though and I doubt they will!!!!! ?
Thanks given by:
I'll drop you a PM soon regarding the scorpion rear box in case you're still interested in a week or two.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2017, 09:00 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: All MoT'd now I assume? I've got a diablo XSi with terrible lacquer peel .....noone has asked to buy it though and I doubt they will!!!!! ?
Yeah all good apart from back box. My dad will be back cruising the streets as we speak. I'm just traveling back home after another round of treatment. So will catch up with him later in week.

It's only got 40k on the clock. Although that's not obvious from the outside. And it looks crap with gold alloys and lowered according to my other half. It does have working AC though!!

I think my dad is one of those people who strikes up a conversation with anyone and he must look a bit strange driving it at his age - 76.

But it takes him back 40 years to the days when he was on the tools buying, fixing, and selling cars put food on the table. Including 104s, 405s, 504s and my favourite Citroen DS. Oh Datsun cherry's. We had 4 in our drive at one point. They were probably all cobbled together to make one sellable car. My job was to help bleed the brakes!!

(04-10-2017, 02:32 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I'll drop you a PM soon regarding the scorpion rear box in case you're still interested in a week or two.
Cool thanks. No rush of course.
Thanks given by:
A Gti6 on 40k must be a very rare thing these days. I like that at your Dad's age he can still enjoy a spirited car.  He sounds like a character n obviously handed down some spannering skills from an early age!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2017, 08:16 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: A Gti6 on 40k must be a very rare thing these days. I like that at your Dad's age he can still enjoy a spirited car.  He sounds like a character n obviously handed down some spannering skills from an early age!
I wish*. I'm Mr YouTube, Haynes, forum etc. He can figure out things himself. Even when we're discussing he can from the top of his head tell me what to do. It's a shame we never really worked on a car together. A Citroen DS would have been a lot of fun.

I am 2nd owner. And used to worry about him racking up the miles just tootling about but life teaches you priorities and a £k (if that) in extra value if sold can't ever make up for the joy of enjoying life/the car.

*But put me in front of a computer.....
Thanks given by:
Nowt wrong with Youtube for picking up a few skills. Helped me learn to stick weld!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gti6 decat clutch cable back box pr3's r888 Jimmyboycheck 3 1,334 04-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  GTi6 half leather front and back seats good condition Dangti6 13 3,195 29-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Dangti6
  3" Longlife Stainless Cat Back Exhaust for GTi6 lewisdmz 5 2,432 02-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Last Post: 7057sam