Filter housing replacement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter housing replacement
I am considering replacing the fuel filter housing with a remote filter and and a more commonly available filter replacement.
But what is the reason for the existing housing mounting, I assume heating to prevent waxing?
Do warmer climates need it?
After changing the oil recently I noticed a stream of bubbles in the clear hose to the pump, but next time running they
were gone. Did I nudge the little white fitting on the bottom of the housing with rags? I don't know.
TIA Ron
Thanks given by:
A lot of people replace them with the audi tt 3.2 lt petrol filters. They eliminate any air ingress issues which is the only reason to get shot of the standard housing. Standard housing does help heat the fuel however i ran veg for a while on a tt filter mid winter and never had an issue so you should be fin e
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yes I can see where the small size and the in line barbs would make it easy to fit. The only available space for a conventional two bolt mount diesel filter housing is over on the battery case by the looks, (RH drive) The plastic crankcase breather dufor normally slotted onto the intercooler would need moving to the side a bit on my xtdt as well.
A translucent bowl so you can visibly check for water would be good to have though.
Does anyone know the description or a source for the clear fuel hose? I imagine it is the same material as the black stuff.
I have refitted the original black plastic hose using a little heat on my 405 successfully.
If it wasn't for the clear hose I would not have known about the air because the car still runs fine while the bubbles are running.
The original can be re-used, it is already connected to the filter by a short piece of nitrile hose and jubilee clips.
Thanks for the info, I will enquire about the price of the audi filter, and how easily they can be bought.
Ron
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Swarf In Fuel Filter Housing jordanhdi 11 2,305 26-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing the fuel filter housing, but what is this behind it? Iaitoo 2 1,474 27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Modifying Fuel Filter Housing silverzx 10 2,984 04-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Last Post: SonnyRoby