Modifying Fuel Filter Housing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifying Fuel Filter Housing
On the phone and can't find the thread which mentions about modifying the fuel filter housing.

I want it so the fuels always heated and swear I remember seeing someone say that you don't need to mess about with bonding penny's etc! If anyone could enlighten me on the matter id appreciate it a lot!

Also is there anything else worth adapting whilst I'm at it?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Was it either of these:

http://www.biopowered.co.uk/wiki/Filter_...nd_Citroen

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-16318.ht...uel+filter

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Yeah but thats what he doesnt wana do! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Iv done it, that first link explain it. Getting the white plastic bit out can be hard but once its out the rest is easy, cut it in half and hammer a penny in the hole then put back together
Thanks given by:
Does it help much when running 100% veg?
I'm struggling to see the advantages of doing it? Im currently on 100% veg, fresh glow plugs and she starts fine and hasnt looked to not start yet this winter.. revs fluctuate for like 2 mins when idling then its fine,

Did you notice a difference after or no?
Thanks given by:
Moding the filter housing like that wont help starting, it works off the coolant so it cant do anything with a cold engine
Thanks given by:
I've done it and tbh didn't see a lot of difference. I mix 10% petrol in with the WVO during winter which does help as the viscosity drops, plus apparently the oil ignites quicker in the cylinder.

Like a dong I managed to snap the water sensor in the housing, covered it in resin which eventually leaked so I don't use it at all now.

With good plugs, no air ingress and longer pre glow it starts and runs fine.
Thanks given by:
The injection pump sends most of its fuel back down the return to the swirl pot in the fuel tank. Once this fuel is relatively warm as it circulates then a fuel heater is not needed. Only time doing this mod would be necessary is if you were to remove the swirl pot in the tank.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Personally I found it stops the fuel filter plugging due to a build up of fats that can drop out in colder weather (really only applicable to WVO). Fuel temperature outputs at around 40-45 degrees which is perfect, as you can still blend petrol and not worry about vapour lock like you would get with a full FPHE. It really is a simple mod and you can seal up all the areas that tend to let in air while you are there, no reason not to do it. As I recall a 10c euro coin is a perfect fit.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Just sack it all off and go inline filter Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
About running 100% on derv, is it ok to keep diesel cooler or hotter for better efficiency?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Filter housing replacement weka 2 1,479 25-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Last Post: weka
Exclamation Swarf In Fuel Filter Housing jordanhdi 11 2,307 26-09-2016, 11:55 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Removing the fuel filter housing, but what is this behind it? Iaitoo 2 1,474 27-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo