A hole worth fingering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hole worth fingering
Big Grin 
Whilst having a butchers around the engine bay I noticed some foliage underneath the wiper motor, I shoved a bit of Nylon pipe down the gap and gave it a wiggle which allowed some water to escape through a drain hole in the wheel arch. 

Fast forward three weeks to when I was changing the crankshaft pulley wheel I thought i would finger the now exposed hole ( arch liner removed) to my surprise it felt warm and quite squidgy inside. After giving it a wiggle I extracted the finger to find brown gunge on the end.

After trying to clear the mess it was obvious I had to move to the bigger hole next to it which was blocked with a rubber 'plug' (loom gland) I pulled it out which allowed me to get 2/3 fingers reet in there and get knuckle deep in the brown gunge. I scooped a fair amount out then gave it a jolly good cleaning with water, now she's draining again like a good'un  Rofl

Anyway, this might have been covered in the past but I thought it needs to be brought to people's attention as it could possibly damage the wiper assembly if it fills up enough.
Thanks given by:
Yeh I probably clear that out once a year. It gets full up quickly as I live under trees :/
Thanks given by:
I thought he was talking about the sills on your rallye when I saw the thread title and you had posted.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
yeah well worth fingering them often
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My big hole ;) megwan 60 27,219 18-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Last Post: megwan
  I found a hole... samass 36 4,700 30-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jacko