Brake caliper mounting bolts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake caliper mounting bolts
TBH, this probably isn't a 306 specific question.  Both Haynes and Peugeot's own repair procedures recommend replacing the front carrier mounting bolts and the front & rear caliper mounting bolts each time they're disturbed.  I've only bothered to replace the front caliper slider bolts (M8's x 20mm) as I already had some lying around.

I assume most garages don't ever bother fitting new ones as in the past when I've had brakes done I've never seen a set of new caliper mounting bolts on an invoice!

What do most of you do or recommend?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I have never heard of people fitting new bolts when they disturbe them doing the brakes. Some sets of brake pads will come with new bolts for the caliper though. I've never had any issue not replacing the bolts though.
Thanks given by:
Hi Frosty. I think that's going to be the response from most people. Debates on other forums (not Pug specific) suggest most people don't bother replacing them. It was kinda nagging at me though why service manuals recommend their replacement. I'm sort of OCD when it comes to working on the car, feeling the need to do every bolt to the correct torque etc!!!
Thanks given by:
many pads come with new bolts.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Never bothered either maybe they want the bolts to get changed because it's more of a hassle to clean the old thread locking compound when you get access to them!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear brake caliper overhaul Mighty306 18 5,885 19-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  rear brake caliper bolts procta 3 1,247 25-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Brake caliper piston; renewal ginge191 19 9,159 20-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Last Post: pug306driver