306 gear linkage bush

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 gear linkage bush
Just wondering how much play there is supposed to be between the gear linkage rod bush, and the pivot arm ball which goes inside it?

There seems to be a couple of mm of play on my car and not sure this is correct. There is also a vibration from inside the engine bay which happens at around 1100 rpm and is particularly noticeable  when pulling away from a standing start. Wondering if the vibration could be the play in the linkage rod bush?
Thanks given by:
There should be barely any play there in theory, however that bush will be pretty well worn by this stage in the life of any 306. I'm not convinced that is causing your vibration, but replacing it will tighten up the feel of your gear stick.

If the vibration is particularly bad i'd be checking the top engine mount to see if it's collapsed, have a look to see if the fore/aft buffers are resting against the inside of the chassis mounting point.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply ... yes I'm pretty sure the buffer rubbers are touching the chassis inside the little recess that they sit in. I'll perhaps get a new top mount then and see if that cures the problem. Cheers!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P Bush PocketFighter 7 2,513 09-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  Gear linkage Xsikid 9 2,302 22-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Last Post: miles
  Gear linkage si_batt 0 719 19-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: si_batt