revs not dropping quick enough! HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revs not dropping quick enough! HELP
hi peeps, basically i have this problem, when i change gear or even just rev the car its like its got an air leak, it stays reving when you have allready taken your foot off the throttle, only for about a second but when your changing gear its a pain in the arse!
Thanks given by:
Its a HDi, they all do that a bit.... Hard to tell if yours has a problem or not without driving it myself, but as I said they hang their revs quite badly in standard form.
Thanks given by:
Is it only really a problem when you're "race"-shifting? If so, then Dan's probably got it on the head. If it's enough to be a pain when shifting normally, it might be your throttle cable needing greasing/replacing or FPR needing a clean. Got any codes on it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
its not all the time, every couple of days driving hard or slow theres no pattern... checked the cable allready its fine whats the fpr? there is faults everytime i plug the thing in i will get them off again next week and post them on here maybe somebody will know. i know one of them said something in the fuel system is stuck? but the car flys for standard
Thanks given by:
Fuel pressure regulator, on the opp end of the pump from the cambelt, held in by two torx head bolts that love to round out. Whip it off and give it a blast through with wd40 or an airline or something, then refit. Can also cause the engine to cut-out at full throttle or run on for a few revs after turning the ignition off.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
that sounds like the problem! thanks ill have a look
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine revs dropping when braking scfc_151 9 2,637 24-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Ruan
Question EML, high idle, revs taking time to drop??? highwayman306 13 2,910 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Last Post: highwayman306
  revs dropping. like misfire. kris_taylor1988 18 2,800 01-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005