FML - engine/cabin smoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FML - engine/cabin smoking
Egr valve link pipe come off? As mine used to open under high manifold presure even though it was all disconected.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok, i understand Smile

rear smoke is allllll black! For sure it's in direct relation to lack of air being boosted through!

I don't have EGR Chris :cry:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Ok, i understand Smile

rear smoke is allllll black! For sure it's in direct relation to lack of air being boosted through!

I don't have EGR Chris :cry:

Its just unburnt fuel, gotta be the manifold gasket or the exhaust flange leaking really, as for the lack of boost, just check its not leaking anywhere,

No EGR valve is a good thing, it means that you intake manifold and valves won't be full of shite due to having had exhaust gasses put through them Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeh, as mentioning on faceybook mark, i think a new turbo would be excelent
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, has to be either the exhaust gasket or the manifold gasket then I'd have thought, unless you have hole in the exhaust down pipe?

If your after a easy fix turbo wise got a k14 here also off a 58k car, no manifold though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
or the exhaust mani is cracked! I replied on bookface before coming on here Ginge lol send me a PM and I will sort you something if your wanting to give that a bash!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Chris Wrote:Aslong as you've a ko3/gt15 mani on it atm its a bolt on job.

Nope, as I'm running a k14, also, was told the gt15 points down and for the xud it's pointless

The one that points down is a hdi gt15, there was also a gt15 for the xud that fits on fine. they are hard to find though, they mainly came on very late dturbo's and they aren't very strong.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Seems as though i've sourced a K03 from mr hairy! what ledge-end he is!
Thanks given by:
I didn't have a clue what you were on about either Mark lol and that's because the genuine pug ones aren't just steel wire, its covered in some sort of compound. Im fairly certain it'll be the manifold gasket as i already explained to ginge on the phone, smoke in cabin = exhaust leak and there's only one thing that can leak before the turbo lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When the turbo blows its not black smoke, its either white or blue depending which side seal has gone........however, my cat pipe was leaking at the gasket (didn't have a cat gasket lol, forgot to put it back) at the same time.....obviously leaking smoke into the bay...was funny when I pulled over and smoke poured out around the boonet, grill, through the vents etc..... lol

So I'd say the cabin smoke is probably due to a leaky gasket more than anything else too.....
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:I didn't have a clue what you were on about either Mark lol and that's because the genuine pug ones aren't just steel wire, its covered in some sort of compound. Im fairly certain it'll be the manifold gasket as i already explained to ginge on the phone, smoke in cabin = exhaust leak and there's only one thing that can leak before the turbo lol

nah they aren't, they are steel wire stuff and look like below, I agree that it probably the mani gasket though, but this is a possibility, especially if the exhaust has been off Wink

[Image: JKA55163.JPG]
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
That ain't a pug one though is it? Doesn't look like the ones I've always fitted lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:That ain't a pug one though is it? Doesn't look like the ones I've always fitted lol

well every standard turbo I have here has one on so I am going to say yes..............we are thinking of the same one yeah? it has to be conical shaped for the engine moving under load and the exhaust staying still?!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Yeah im not saying thats the wrong part, just that the pug one isn't just exposed steel wire, which is why i didn't understand what you were on about on the first page lol
Thanks given by:
well there you go, I have a K03 and a T2 here and they both have them on and then the k14 on that is now on my TD04 was also steel wire, never seen anything else so just assumed, would be interested to see the pug one now Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Popcorn

I'm getting a turbo off hairy now anyway, but please, continue
Thanks given by:
Wait wut? He has t2's and ko3's
And you went for the ko3? Wtf
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Wait wut? He has t2's and ko3's
And you went for the ko3? Wtf

LMAO, the T2 is my old one, trust me you don't want that! the bearings are slacker than a cheap whore! there is a good 3-4mm in and out and same side to side lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Oh lmao, OK maybe you shouldn't have the t2
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had a k03 because I wanted to reduce lag, but it was boring. no lag, but no real pull.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306TD Smoking alot tomd 3 1,019 12-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  smoking on idle bosch pump therefused 14 2,879 26-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  smoking question no2lurch 6 1,951 26-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Dave