who's killed "hdi" rods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who's killed "hdi" rods
so rather than messaging every single person i know about this, this is easier. hdi rods. yes no, even worth the effort. ive always tried to avoid tuning the xud9 for the shitting rods reason. my 2.1 is in a state of dis repair. (read every bearing needs replacing and it all seems broken) so im left with the good ol veg burning 1.9 as my daily again. mosst of you have probably guessed this any way due to my arp thread.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
i'm reliably informed a number of the Derv Mafia use or have used them, i don't remember one letting go, could be wrong though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
think Dave killed a block with a set in.
Thanks given by:
I killed a set, well spat one, granted think I bent it when I hydrolic'ed the motor on oil after a turbo failure, but either way, there certainly not invisible.. The rods in the 2005> motors are certainly considerably stronger, and IMO suitable for 90% of the builds going on...and would take the abuse...not saying they wont fail, but I think they would be up to the abuse in most cases...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2016, 09:23 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I killed a set, well spat one, granted think I bent it when I hydrolic'ed the motor on oil after a turbo failure, but either way, there certainly not invisible.. The rods in the 2005> motors are certainly considerably stronger, and IMO suitable for 90% of the builds going on...and would take the abuse...not saying they wont fail, but I think they would be up to the abuse in most cases...

Echoing what Darren said, found that a 2005 307 8v Rods looked and measured to be the same as a 16v motor's rods
Thanks given by:
Indeed, there all same part number, so have obviously just got beefier as time has gone on, all motors receiving them output regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Have bent a set with a gt2256v
Thanks given by:
Well i know where a set of 16v newer rods are with bearings but i also have an older set if 8v early ones sitting here. May just slap them in and hope. Doesnt need mega powers. Daily veg burner after all. Half tempted to buy a 16v 2.2 engine so ive got one for another build when one comes up cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
2.2 16v rods are different fitment
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
is the journal wider like the xud11? so the rods are wider and wont fit an xud9 or an xu10 crank.

epic long stroke but tall block as well.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Thicker wrist pin from memory
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
what piggy says the rods on the crank are the same the size is the same. The wrist pin is indeed a diffrent size. i have a set of xud11 rods laying about
Thanks given by:
interesting, i know xud11 was different, im using the crank in my engine
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid I have no input regarding rods, but please god fix the thread title. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by: bashbarnard
(21-12-2016, 08:13 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'm afraid I have no input regarding rods, but please god fix the thread title. Wink
done
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2016, 08:18 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(21-12-2016, 08:13 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'm afraid I have no input regarding rods, but please god fix the thread title. Wink
done

Nice one. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2016, 12:33 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(21-12-2016, 08:18 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
done

Nice one. Big Grin

Nope... Still not right lol been bugging me too Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
sorted it Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2016, 12:55 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Well i know where a set of 16v newer rods are with bearings but i also have an older set if 8v early ones sitting here. May just slap them in and hope. Doesnt need mega powers. Daily veg burner after all. Half tempted to buy a 16v 2.2 engine so ive got one for another build when one comes up cheap.

Often we have to ask ourselves in times where we feel we are being tested - "What would Dave do?"

Dave has actually been briefly resurrected (back to the UK) and will no doubt be active over this 'special' time during the festive period.

From "306oc" thread "Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD" we can red between the posts to infer that we should indeed "cack on" and "get that bus on boost"

In short

Bung the 16v rods you have already into the block - re use every conceivable serviceable part, worn or not - including HG and coolant (for let not a drop be spilled on the earth)

and go forth and spread coal
Thanks given by:
Ah dave the destroyer. Im yet to meet this legendary man

Thanks given by:
(22-12-2016, 09:06 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(21-12-2016, 12:55 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Well i know where a set of 16v newer rods are with bearings but i also have an older set if 8v early ones sitting here. May just slap them in and hope. Doesnt need mega powers. Daily veg burner after all. Half tempted to buy a 16v 2.2 engine so ive got one for another build when one comes up cheap.

Often we have to ask ourselves in times where we feel we are being tested - "What would Dave do?"

Dave has actually been briefly resurrected (back to the UK) and will no doubt be active over this 'special' time during the festive period.

From "306oc" thread "Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD" we can red between the posts to infer that we should indeed "cack on" and "get that bus on boost"

In short

Bung the 16v rods you have already into the block - re use every conceivable serviceable part, worn or not - including HG and coolant (for let not a drop be spilled on the earth)

and go forth and spread coal

And lo, Dave looked upon the block and not two fcuks did he giveth for it's safety, he saw that it was good and sooty Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Dave the destroyer is bolting a blower on a three oh as we speak and will be lighting it up on my dyno right after xmas, The Derv Mafia will be blowing some serious coal between xmas and new year I do think!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Woopwoop.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
why am i here in this section again? inferior technology!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I saw 40 psi+ a good few times in the 205.they're yet to say hello
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2016, 09:39 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Dave the destroyer is  bolting a blower on a three oh as we speak and will be lighting it up on my dyno right after xmas, The Derv Mafia will be blowing some serious coal between xmas and new year I do think!

how did this go as dave hasnt wrote anything yet lol 

Also on a side note still uming and arring over getting some power down out of a 1.9. just on the basis that i dont like throwing rods.

(22-12-2016, 09:39 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Dave the destroyer is  bolting a blower on a three oh as we speak and will be lighting it up on my dyno right after xmas, The Derv Mafia will be blowing some serious coal between xmas and new year I do think!

how did this go as dave hasnt wrote anything yet lol 

Also on a side note still uming and arring over getting some power down out of a 1.9. just on the basis that i dont like throwing rods.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  have i killed another pump ? andyyy 9 3,299 18-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Last Post: mr_fish