306 HDi DTurbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDi DTurbo
So I have been a member on here for a long time. Have had 12 306s in the past and always wanted to get a good straight car and have it with some small modifications to my taste. Living in Northern Ireland unfortunately once a decent one comes along it is slammed and screwed and within the year it's in the scrap heap which allows me a lot.

So moved house 18 months ago with the dream big garage. 1st on the list was source a genuine straight car. It was for sale at a car wash and as you can see in photos was in need of a little love!

As I get time will update with everything that has happened to the car since. The way I want the car is not so mint that I wouldn't want to take it out but still worthy of a place on a show stand.
Thanks given by:
Looks good, best of luck with it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
So the issues that stand out the most is the driver 1/4 panel and passenger 1/4 panel have trailer jack-knife knocks. The driver door strap had snapped and as you see the door kinked on the wing and lost the wing moulding.

The bonnet is a non genuine and now rusting but a good reason was given, when she goes for body work, it will tell the tale if the rest of the car is straight.

A really good service was needed and it was clear that At least 1 injector seal was gone.

So into the garage with it!

So took into a service. Oil flush, oil and filter change, air filter and diesel filter. It was clear where the spitting noise was coming from. 3 hours later, injector 1 was removed followed by the remaining 3. Had them tested and cleaned. All excellent results so reseated the new seals and that was that.

Sumpguard was missing. Engine cover and 1 slashguard, picked both up at the scrappy for cheap.

Timing belt had been changed 45k ago so that is not a priority at the moment.

Thanks given by:
Oooo plenty of combustion crap blown through there, have fun cleaning it off! Scrapped the mother-in-laws a couple of months back and one of the injectors had pretty much disappeared. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What an excellent working space you have!
Thanks given by: kyler000
So as I work in the motor trade, trade discount comes in handy. Replaced all of the following

Front Discs and pads
Ball joints
Track road ends
Drop links
Front brake flexi's
Front shock absorbers
killen -40mm lowering springs
Complete strut top mounts & bearings
Gearbox oil change
Rear Discs & pads
Rear pad fitting kit
Hoffman centre exhaust section
Genuine Peugeot Rear Silencer

So after a few weeks of evenings all the above was fitted. Gear oil was due changing from 90k ago.

All brake pipes were cleaned and greased as car was overdue MOT.

Unfortunately I haven't got photos for everything phase. She drove so much tighter after the above was fitted.

On the day I brought it home there was a knock from the rear and the brake pedal went to the floor. Turned out there was no fitting kit on the rear pads Huh

(19-12-2016, 02:57 PM)unclebeast Wrote: What an excellent working space you have!

On the viewing of the house, this is where I went first!!

Always been a lover of Fondmetal 4000s, they suit a phase 1 so well but not sure on the phase 3. Will keep them anyway.

So last Christmas / 30th Birthday, I was treated to a wee reg for the 306. Really well chuffed with it.

Another result was a set of genuine vortexs freshly powder coated for £110. 4 new hankooks later & 10 mm spacers and I had her back on the ground for 1st time in 6 months.

Booked for the MOT and passed without a sniff, well happy!

With thanks to my friend who works for Peugeot, got him to adjust the rear axle to level the car out. Axle was in great shape and obviously had new bearings etc quite recently.

Also my local dent man did a fantastic job on the driver door and both 1/4 panels. With the steel being so strong on these it was never going to be perfect. I wasn't to worried with perfection as the plan was for a full re-spray.

Now that she was decent looking, as a 15 year valeter, I treated her to a deep clean. Removed all the interior. Had a repair done on the driver seat.

Also replaced both door check straps with brand new genuine items. Some dash bulbs needed replaced also. I have a case of OCD so everything must be so Rofl

So I eventually got to enjoy driving it for a while before winter kicked in this year!

Thanks given by:
Looking good. Glad to see it's in the right hands.

One thing though, on the rear calipers the little angle plate should go on the bottom not at the top. Not sure if it make any difference but that's how they normally are.
Thanks given by: kyler000
Rear pads are in upside down Wink

heh, beaten to it.

Does make a difference,

Refreshing to see a non ruined Irish peugeot, well done Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I have had so many coversations about that and 1/2 say 1 way and 1/2 the other. They aren't going anywhere!lol
Thanks given by:
1/2 are saying wrong.

that's the thing, with them in the wrong way they often do pop out.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
When she comes back from paint i will check them over again before MOT
Thanks given by:
Might have missed something BUT..... why would play with 306's with a evo on the drive! Big Grin
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
The 306 looks nice. But daaaymmn look at that EVO !

Good luck with the project mate !
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2016, 10:22 PM)kyler000 Wrote: I have had so many coversations about that and 1/2 say 1 way and 1/2 the other. They aren't going anywhere!lol

Yeah,half are very wrong. The retaining clip is also the wrong side, needs to be on the inside of the pads...thus stopping it slide out... Thus stopping pads fall out... And you having no brakes! 

However... All looks lovely... A big refresh like this makesme feel all warm inside!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2016, 11:59 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Might have missed something BUT..... why would play with 306's with a evo on the drive! Big Grin
Lol! The Evo was for sale but cane home quite often for a little bit o fun! Couldnt live with one everyday though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

(20-12-2016, 12:09 AM)Pingaz Wrote: The 306 looks nice. But daaaymmn look at that EVO !

Good luck with the project mate !
Thank you, more updates tonight

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
The 306 was took in last week to my local guy for a full respray

I sourced a genuine bonnet as the last was non-genuine. I was hoping for good news when Gareth started rubbing her back and so it was, all original panels. Only the passenger wing and front bumper had previously been painted. Was over the moon about this, no matter how sharp an eye you have sometimes you can miss small details.

So i had my dent man work on the 1/4 panels and driver door so there wouldn't be unnecessary filler used.

So she will remain china blue & keeping the filler cap strips and spoiler matt black.

Once painted i have a few nice additions to add to finish the clean look

Thanks given by:
Wow, you're doing a proper job in getting her to look her best.

I really need to get some rust spots sorted soon before they get worse.
Thanks given by:
Should be calling with him again this week to have an update, should be in primer by now
Thanks given by:
So as with most car lovers, the pride and joy also gets a Christmas gift. 

Sourced some gti6 boot trims. Do not understand why they didnt fit these to all the higher spec 306s.

Also a set of brand new 15" jade wheel trims in original peugeot packaging. Have a set of steels in the garage that i will tidy up next year. Just for a different look.

Genuine Peugeot rubber boot floor protector, thought it might look good at shows etc!    

Any other gifts bought for motors?
Thanks given by:
Always wondered what the difference is between the standard 306 and the gti boot trims, whats the benefit/difference?
Thanks given by:
I could be wrong but no other 306 came with the trim at all. Just painted metal is what you see when you open the boot. Seems a bit silly to me but again happy to hear if anyone else has any info on this
Thanks given by:
The GTI6 was a premium car, around 18k when new and the the Dturbo trim HDI was around 15k so the GTI at that price needs to look a bit better and the plastic trim makes it look slightly better then the bare panels.
Thanks given by:
Where did you get the rubber boot liner? Really want one
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2016, 04:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: Where did you get the rubber boot liner? Really want one

theyre just on ebay i think.

just read up on this thread. fondmetal 4000s! I have a set too. Semi refurbished. if you are short of the centre caps I have made a 3d model and can get it 3d printed and its a pretty exact replica! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2016, 04:44 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(31-12-2016, 04:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: Where did you get the rubber boot liner? Really want one

theyre just on ebay i think.

just read up on this thread. fondmetal 4000s! I have a set too. Semi refurbished. if you are short of the centre caps I have made a 3d model and can get it 3d printed and its a pretty exact replica! Big Grin

Superb rims Eeyore. I had a set 3D printed from shapeways for them. Might do something with them someday!

Just keep an eye on eBay as the man says. Think I picked it up at £50
Thanks given by:
Well, called round with the bodyshop on the way home tonight. Thankfully hes a bit farther ahead. All panels are ready, only the roof to rub down and then shes ready for primer. Hoping for end of march to have her back and get her built back up!
Thanks given by:
Havent updated in a while. Checked in over easter and thankfully the 306 had made progress. These were a couple of quick shots of her primed.

I will hopefully have some good updates over the next fortnight as she was being painted this evening. Looking forward to getting it back
Thanks given by:
Checked in tonight folks and fresh coat of China blue has eventually been applied. Hopefully should have her built back up and home in a fortnight. Roll on the summer!

Thanks given by:
How much was the respray, don't mind me asking?
Thanks given by:
Finally the 306 is back. Full respray complete and i am very happy with the way it turned out. Just a few things to do including new pillar vinyls.

Unfortuantly for MOT my brake lights arent working which seems to be the brake switch. Also d/s abs ring snapped. Once these are sorted then its time for the MOT again.

All new badges fitted. New lower grille, gti6 splitter, headlights and fog lamps. Check out my fog light protectors!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: