gti 6 clean up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti 6 clean up
well i have decided to pull apart my 6. it has been sat still for some time.  running before but very rough slight tapping nothing to loud could have been the injectors. noisy drive shaft and leaking water from every pipe you could think of. 
im not really that good with cars but i have some tools so gona give it a go and try get it fixed up.
i just bought second hand top rad hose as it was rusted to f....k. and the bottom hose had no xring on it leaking both ends. 
iv taken the rad out and gona order a nissans 1. got a couple x rings from peugeot 97p each new exhaust.. intake and throttle body gaskets. new thermostat and housing and gasket. i looked at the map sensor cant test it till its running looks ok. steppermotor looked very black but cleaned up ok so will try it b4 buying a new 1. cam covers look like they are leaking a bit of oil so gona seal them up. also had a fair amount of oil build up in the air filter. so cleaning all pipes out n sort out a drip tray. i might take the engine out but i think i wana c if it runs first before cleaning it up properly hopefully i can remember how to put it all back together.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
    starting to clean up the inlet manifold needs going over a few times.
Thanks given by:
car looks very tidy mate. Big Grin good work and a great opportunity to learn.
Thanks given by:
The car looks really good, nice color mine as the same one i think Blush

What setup do you have on the front suspension ?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 11:43 AM)Pingaz Wrote: The car looks really good, nice color mine as the same one i think   Blush

Cheers

theres about 4 shades of diablo red. If youre getting parts best to buy them off cars of the same phases.
Thanks given by:
body works ok needs a good polish. gona change springs and shocks all round. not sure wats on there now but i would like some new ones on there. hopefully gona get it to run this weekend if i have the time then pull out the engine and sort out engine bay possible paint the bottom half of the engine. gona chuck out the aircon as it never worked just need new belt and tensioner.polish up the top half of the engine and heat wrap the ehaust new cable for clutch and something to stop it getting hot and going stiff again
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 12:17 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 11:43 AM)Pingaz Wrote: The car looks really good, nice color mine as the same one i think   Blush

Cheers

theres about 4 shades of diablo red. If youre getting parts best to buy them off cars of the same phases.

I'll be honest, I think i have the metalic diablo red, if you would check my thread it will probably be more accurate, i don't have the paint code on the engine bay anymore
Thanks given by:
not sure where the paint code is will av a look 2moz c if i can find out
Thanks given by:
pingaz can i ask are you seats standard in your car. are they full leather? need to get me some of them
Thanks given by:
        sorry had to put this pic on here 2 cars i miss and should never of got rid of. not very good pics ph1 rallye and 106 gti. ended up taking gear box off the rallye and putting on gti and rallye interior in it aswell. Bloody quick car wipe the floor against gti 6.
Thanks given by:
started to clean up cam covers and plug back in the wiring loom. not sure where all the leads go lol just guessing by length. but then pissed it down with rain so gave up. hopefully it might run tomorrow    

also forgot 2 mention it does not start by the key as the barrel jammed up 1 day so had to drill it out so i could get 2 work. fitted homemade switches in a temp place atm but will be moved somewhere else sort of a stealth key.

Thanks given by:
Looks good mate, the last three letters of the number plate of one of my old cars was SLB too.

What did you use to clean up the inlet manifold?
Thanks given by:
just an electric drill and some wire brush attachments from ebay for £4.50. if it runs i will do it properly and use wet and dry. just having a mess around with it. bloody weather was just getting started
Thanks given by:
That's made a big difference, I'll have to give mine a go at some point! Keep up the good work.
Thanks given by:
thanks. looks like its on hold for now as misses just decided she wants a kitten and have to pick it up 2moz from southend. might get a chance to c if it runs in the afternoon
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2016, 10:00 PM)curly1987 Wrote: pingaz can i ask are you seats standard in your car. are they full leather? need to get me some of them

Yes on my S16 they are full leather and it's the standard ones

(02-09-2016, 08:40 PM)curly1987 Wrote: not sure where the paint code is will av a look 2moz c if i can find out

I couldn't find out because my car was painted a while ago and I don't find the sticker, only the VIN number. But on my estate I found it in the engine bay next to the struts top mount.

What is that next to the cigarette lighter ?
Thanks given by:
that is my ignition lol. first switch is like first turn on key second brings all lights on dash third is push start button. Couldn't be bothered with fitting new barrel and different keys. will be puting it in the cigarette tray so the lid closes and you cant see it

yeah id like to find some full leather seats mine are a bit worse for wear in the front. drivers side especially. needs bracket welding to as its snapped held together with cable ties haha. is the code on the drivers side for colour top suspension bush/mount?

this bit?

Thanks given by:
just gona randomly put a pic of my second car on here 306 1.6 only 1 i have of it.
was scrapped many years ago. ate 2 many gearboxes and fell apart in the end

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2016, 09:09 PM)curly1987 Wrote: that is my ignition lol. first switch is like first turn on key second brings all lights on dash third is push start button. Couldn't be bothered with fitting new barrel and different keys. will be puting it in the cigarette tray so the lid closes and you cant see it

yeah id like to find some full leather seats mine are a bit worse for wear in the front. drivers side especially. needs bracket welding to as its snapped held together with cable ties haha. is the code on the drivers side for colour top suspension bush/mount?

this bit?

Actually i dont know, here is my 306 DT . I belive is that. You can see the pics of the interior on my post (Peugeot 306 s16 PH1)

[Image: 7fFyDv9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah i like them seats. will av a look c if mine is there
Thanks given by:
saw this 2day driving bk from south end sounded awsum

not sure y its upside down lol

Thanks given by:
anybody have any pics of where wires go on the wiring loom as ive forgotten where they plug in im kind of guessing atm. no idea what wire is what. just trying to geus by length
Thanks given by:
If memory serves me correctly all of the sensors etc have slightly different connectors shapes and colours so it's a game of logically going through them and matching the mating halves together. I can't remember if there were two that were the same but the majority were different!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2016, 07:40 PM)reese Wrote: If memory serves me correctly all of the sensors etc have slightly different connectors shapes and colours so it's a game of logically going through them and matching the mating halves together. I can't remember if there were two that were the same but the majority were different!

thanks massive help there. yeah i was trying a few which didnt seem to fit but still 2 pin plugs so that would explain it. bit of a relief. theres a long thin pipe coming from the left hand side runs along side the fuel line but reaches other side of engine any ideas where it goes?
Thanks given by:
Not sure which pipe you're referring to but here's a bay pic from my old Astor.

[Image: IMG_4994_zpsg9dumiw3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it would be this long 1 im holding prob find out once everything is bk on just cant remember what it does lol

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2016, 04:26 PM)curly1987 Wrote: it would be this long 1 im holding prob find out once everything is bk on just cant remember what it does lol

Crikey mate, can't remember ever seeing it myself haha! Did my cambelt the other day too and didn't see anything like that in the surrounding area unless I'm losing the plot! I'm sure someone on here will know where it goes...
Thanks given by:
Could that be the pipe from the tank that goes to the charcoal canister in the drivers wing?
Thanks given by:
still dono where it goes lol almost ready 2 start dont get a lot of time to sort this only half hour 2 day

it might be i will av a look 2moz if i get time

slowly getting there just figuring where stuff goes anybody know where the lead in one on the pics goes think its to the starter but not sure where the flat bit goes

Thanks given by:
well im almost ready to test it. hoping ive managed to put the wiring loom back in the right plugs. just ecu n batt to go bk in

Thanks given by: