Lucky escape r.I.p the blue xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky escape r.I.p the blue xud
This happened a while now didn't even want to show use are going to see my new car on here sooooo :-( here it is just me involved

Thanks given by:
Wtf did you hit?

I'm guess a pretty big tree or something equally as big and immovable
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2016, 11:47 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Wtf did you hit?

I'm guess a pretty big tree or something equally as big and immovable

Very strong piller if it had bean a tree don't think i would be writing this now
Thanks given by:
Oh my life!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Blimey
Thanks given by:
Lucky escape indeed! any injuries sustained?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 06:37 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Lucky escape indeed! any injuries sustained?

Not one matt no
Thanks given by:
Fvuk me, lucky lad, glad you're ok mate, what's the state of the engine?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 07:40 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Fvuk me, lucky lad, glad you're ok mate, what's the state of the engine?

Thanks man .engine is scrap oil filter housing snaped at the block head and pump should be still good Dow  Confused
Thanks given by:
That's quite a smash you were lucky there. Hopefully you'll be able to salvage a lot of the nice bits.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking hell man, that's a really hefty shunt, I take it you were going pretty well at the time.

As you say, looking at the damage you've been very lucky to escape serious injury there.
Thanks given by:
I thought that was blood on the wing... Gonna say it must've been a big person!

On the plus side though, at least the airbag worked, I thought they'd be knackered after 20 years.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 09:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: f*cking hell man, that's a really hefty shunt, I take it you were going pretty well at the time.

As you say, looking at the damage you've been very lucky to escape serious injury there.

Ye don't no how hard I was going if I had to guess I'd say I hit the piller at 60 

Was very lucky to walk away I got out the the drivers window

(02-08-2016, 09:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I thought that was blood on the wing...  Gonna say it must've been a big person!

On the plus side though, at least the airbag worked, I thought they'd be knackered after 20 years.

:-) no not blood thankfully

Ye was very surprised about that my self because the air bag light use to flash sum times just shows that they are a pretty good strong and relayabel car any
Thanks given by:
Can tell how serious this is by the lack of lols.

Glad you walked away from this one, done some proper damage to the car there!
Thanks given by:
Held up ok for a sunroof shell! I bet that hurt, glad you're ok mate.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 12:06 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Can tell how serious this is by the lack of lols.

Glad you walked away from this one, done some proper damage to the car there!

Ye pretty pissed .but upwards and onwards :-) 

Ye the car is bad alright someone over hear seen it and asked me was I going to fix  Rofl I just said do u not see the roof  Itwasntme 

Any way new car now so work can crack on with the new engine again  Smile

(02-08-2016, 12:22 PM)C2K Wrote: Held up ok for a sunroof shell! I bet that hurt, glad you're ok mate.

Thanks man . didn't feel a thing but sore neck the next day as expected :-) was over in a flash
Thanks given by:
Gald you're ok Paddy Smile That's a fair old shunt!
Thanks given by:
wtf!! the driver side corner isn't even there anymore! been very, very lucky there! With me been a short arse, and that happened to me, I doubt I will walk away.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 01:10 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Gald you're ok Paddy Smile That's a fair old shunt!

Thanks paul .paddy must be a very lucky name :-)

(02-08-2016, 01:31 PM)procta Wrote: wtf!! the driver side corner isn't even there anymore! been very, very lucky there! With me been a short arse, and that happened to me, I doubt I will walk away.

I no the photos aactually make it better sanding looking at it its even more of a mess
Thanks given by:
jesus christ mate! glad you are still here to tell the tale!
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 05:26 PM)beulah Wrote: Gordon H Bennett, that's one smashup. Glad you're OK.

I walked away from a nasty crash this morning. Bloody track rod end fell apart as I went round a corner and the car landed on its roof. Airbags did not deploy.

RIP 306 2.0 hdi Meridian Estate.

Guess this will be the last time I use the forum as I am getting another French car and it ain't a Pug.... Big Grin

we need some pictures of that. shows how important it is to keep up with the up keep of these now they are getting on. seems you walked away as well as youre online hope youre ok 

anyway 

ive been meaning to post on this all bloody day but tapatalk keeps crashing after its loaded first picture. does look bad man i bet youre gutted. as everyone else has said just be glad you walked away from it thats the main thing. cars can be replaced even if it is a bummer. 

shame about the engine not being much good either but at least you can pull some stuff off it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 05:26 PM)beulah Wrote: Gordon H Bennett, that's one smashup. Glad you're OK.

I walked away from a nasty crash this morning. Bloody track rod end fell apart as I went round a corner and the car landed on its roof. Airbags did not deploy.

Guess this will be the last time I use the forum as I am getting another French car and it ain't a Pug.... Big Grin
Thanks man sorry to here about ur car

(02-08-2016, 06:54 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:

we need some pictures of that. shows how important it is to keep up with the up keep of these now they are getting on. seems you walked away as well as youre online hope youre ok 

anyway 

ive been meaning to post on this all bloody day but tapatalk keeps crashing after its loaded first picture. does look bad man i bet youre gutted. as everyone else has said just be glad you walked away from it thats the main thing. cars can be replaced even if it is a bummer. 

shame about the engine not being much good either but at least you can pull some stuff off it.
Thanks bash ye was piss of but its only  a car :-) thankfully the new engine wasnt in it yet really would have been gutted then
Thanks given by:
Photo 
Member is no longer here.
Thanks given by:
That's a droplink, you'd have to be going round a hell of a corner for that to affect it! Confused
Thanks given by:
How on earth did you do that? I've driven cars with no droplinks! Surely that couldn't have caused a crash?!
Thanks given by:
Think that Jinyu tyre had more to do with it than your droplink failing..

I see damp road and shit tyres!!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I suspect the Jinyu tyres have something to do with it... Plus a shagged beam probably... I really don't think it was the lack of droplink, I've also driven without one a couple of times, it's just a bit more wallowy lol.
Thanks given by:
All I know is something went clunk and the steering went haywire. I simply cannot approach the corner fast, not in a Meridian Estate...the guy behind me confirmed that I wasn't going fast.

I was approaching the corner slowly, as I do, every day on the way to work. Hundreds, if not thousands of times.
Thanks given by:
Well the steering appears to still be connected, it's the anti-roll bar thats come loose.

I suppose mid-corner it's enough to create panic and cause an accident.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scissors Jack corrosion - lucky :) maxaret 36 9,065 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Last Post: maxaret
  new alternator! Lucky paul7278 2 1,159 18-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Last Post: paul7278
  Lucky F*cker Grant 35 6,745 24-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Grant