completely standard HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
completely standard HDI
I've booked in with Dave from whippy on Thursday, cant wait. My car is new to me but the last service wasn't too long ago, so should be all good for a remap. I'll get a remap first then eventually I'll sort the decat out, ill just either open up the box or buy a decat pipe for 50 off eBay.
Thanks given by:
Decat pipe on eBay for the hdi is about £100 iirc
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can get a standard grade steel for 50 or stainless steel which will last forever for 49 posted
Thanks given by:
Ok when I was looking they didn't have a mild steel one for sale. But for sale of £49 do it your self some steel and clamps plenty of putty your sorted.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sweet. I rang demon tweeks and they said they can get a powerflow one custom made and fitted for around 120. Worth it?
Thanks given by:
IMO i'd just get a mild steel decat it'll probably last longer than you'll keep the car for and it's about half the price
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, go for a mild steel section.

Paying for stainless just means you have an emptier wallet than otherwise. Maybe worth if if your going for a full system from the turbo back, but for a cheapy mild is perfect and will last ages.

I just used old exhaust downpipes etc for mine and it was fine for probably 6 years!? I guess it's still on my old car now hehe...

Dave
Thanks given by: