completely standard HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
completely standard HDI
I'm a beginner with 306s and diesels, can anyone give me my options on making my 2.0 HDI better with acceleration? Ive read a little on taking the insides out of the cat and welding it back up but I'm not entirely sure.
Would a remap do much? Don't want a performance based car, just a little faster, practical Hdi
Thanks guys
Thanks given by:
Best off getting a remap it really transforms the car and gives it the power it should have had standard tbh, also a decat goes nice with a remap
Thanks given by:
So a remap doesn't stress the engine at all more than it should be? That's my only concern you see. Also do any negative effects come from a remap at all?
Thanks given by:
Only if you get a cheap shit map. Get a proper map from someone that knows what there doing, Prosteve or Whippy and you really can't go wrong

Tuning box's are also not worth there weight in dogshit
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
No not really the engine is more than capable of a remap and the only negative is that if you're clutch is pretty worn out then it will probably slip (might bed back in tho) but if its fine then it should handle the power nicley,
I had to change the clutch on mine but my car is an ex learner car so the clutch was pretty worn anyway
Thanks given by:
The engines are capable of double standard power

No one iirc has had reliability issues pushing 150-160on a stage 2
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So what bhp am I looking at from a remap considering my car is 90bhp?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
around 120-130bhp and around 190-220lbft

Where are you based?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm Wirral, near Liverpool and north wales
Thanks given by:
I think Mr whippy is up north. Leeds iirc?
Well worth the trip
Thanks given by:
I think I will go to whippy, closer than anyone. Has anyone here had a remap?
Thanks given by:
A lot of people have
Its definatly worth it :-)
Thanks given by:
Again guys thanks for your help! I'll get it booked in a few weeks time or so!

How long does a remap take them?
Thanks given by:
Got my remap off whippy top bloke and top work, well worth the trip
Thanks given by:
I've heard after a remap the clutch can slip, why is this?
Thanks given by:
aaron_one Wrote:I've heard after a remap the clutch can slip, why is this?

because its producing more torque. the clutch is only designed for the standard torque so when you up it, it will slip
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Does this not annoy anyone lol
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:
aaron_one Wrote:I've heard after a remap the clutch can slip, why is this?

because its producing more torque. the clutch is only designed for the standard torque so when you up it, it will slip
Don't listen to Ben
A hdi on a stage 1 remap will take all the torque
Its only when you look at stage 2 and fmic it will start to slip and even then not too bad!
So yeah it will be fine
Thanks given by:
So it wouldn't even slip over time on a stage one?
Thanks given by:
No. Well it shouldn't and if it does then your clutch is very worn and would start slipping VERY soon
Thanks given by:
I have a Whippy stage 1 Map running 128.2 bhp and 213lbs/ft and my clutch was fine for abit, slipped and is now fine again.

It really is a different car, and thats on 170k+
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Very tempted to go for it now!
Thanks given by:
Do it :-) will be fine
Thanks given by:
[Image: cc5527c5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LMAO.
out of curiosity what film is that?

I've contacted Dave at whippy and he said he can work around the clutch needs etc, I'm booking it in the next week or so!
Thanks given by:
Its from the film dodgeball Wink
Thanks given by:
Naturally if you drive it hard and abuse the clutch - fast gearchanges and not allowing the clutch to engage before getting back on the power will really wear out clutches...

With increased power/torque, you will eventually wear out the clutch.... Naturally you've got more power going through the driveline, don't be surprised if teh clutch doesn't last quite as long as if it was 100% standard - if driven sensibly it should last for at least 80% of the time a standard one will (standard it'll last around 100-120k miles depending on driving style) so expect around 80k out of a clutch...

Drive it hard and abuse the clutch, you can expect that figure to drop very quickly!

For example - my clutch which is the older XUD9 clutch dealing with around 300-320lb.ft torque has lasted me only 26k miles, but then I drive it hard and do abuse the clutch... I consider that still to be a pretty good lifetime for double the standard torque figure.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Great explanation Ruan.

It's kinda hard to explain some times without getting too technical and then not making the point, but I think that pretty much sums it up Big Grin

I know that a new LuK clutch will take about 240-260lbft if you are sensible with it, so they have a fairly good torque load capability. The Valeo ones might be even better.
I know a few people running FMIC with new OEM clutches at about 250lbft without any problems if they treat the clutch sensibly, and have been going years.

As Ruan says, if it slips with just a stage 1 tune chances are it was well on it's way to needing changing any way!

I was unlucky with my HDi. It was FPSH one owner from new and it slipped as standard about 2 weeks after I bought it, but after that I ran endless remaps, 0-60 runs, 1/4m runs, 1st > 2nd > 3rd runs with throttle flat during shifts, loads of remap testing and all sorts, and it was totally solid until I fitted my FMIC mapping at which point it wasn't so happy, but still held on well!

In over 100 Stage 1 HDi's I've only seen two that slipped so much that people needed new clutches. The rest just gripped fine.

HDIkyle Wrote:I have a Whippy stage 1 Map running 128.2 bhp and 213lbs/ft and my clutch was fine for abit, slipped and is now fine again.

It really is a different car, and thats on 170k+

Do you have a dyno plot for that? I'm interested in the wheels figures and stuff too if you got them.

Dave
Thanks given by:
Great thanks for the explanations.

Right, any other good ways to increase acceleration?
Thanks given by:
Strikeforce Wrote:Its from the film dodgeball Wink
starskey and hutch actually.

Currently I've only decatted mine but really want it remapping.
But with decat I noticed a little difference. But before you do anything always give it a good service. Helps loads.

Mr whippy will soon be pming you. When funds allow I want my hdi remapping. What figures can you get from stage 1 and what price? Also where you from If I can travel to you maybe cheaper than buying kwp.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: