ECU control?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU control?
I bought a seriously cheap hdi estate 2001 towbar ect it was too good to pass on! knowing it had problems I set to work Now I've managed to work through a fair list I'm starting to see the light! BUT .......
Always a bloody but isn't there! 
Engine runs fine burns clean but lacks low end grunt
Scans fine but that's with an Autel I'm sure something is not showing 
Maf makes no difference
No eml even when maf is unplugged?????
Im going to blank the egr over the weekend
Pretty sure the turbo is on its way lovely noises this morning on spool
Later 3 plug Bosch Ecu
Am I missing something what's the best scanning software? 
I could pull my hair out at times I have no luck but I guess it's to be expected with over 200k
Thanks given by:
I would suggest getting a copy of PP2000 and get that on there. That way you can see all the live data and work out if something is starting to fail.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
With that mileage it's probably a combination of things wearing.

MAF doesn't show the EML on later HDis.

I would say it's a stick EGR or a boost leak somewhere else tbh.
Thanks given by:
That's interesting to know I just assumed with the maf unplugged it would show a fault! In that cause there's no difference unplugged so there's my first fault found!
That's the problem at the min I can't see live data so I'm guessing!
PP2000 it is then! I will blank the egr tomorrow that was one of my first thoughts as for boost leaks I'll need to strip it all down and inspect without the intercooler there's only one pipe lol
Thanks given by:
It's not just one pipe really though, that has silicone joiners each end that leak, plus the inlet elbow to Mani join will be leaking as well.

But yeah sounds like you've got a dead maf!
Thanks given by:
If MAF is unplugged, it's still slow and it doesn't smoke like hell, there's no EGR problem.

Plug into pp2k and note the MAF rate and Injection Quantity.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 12:12 PM)Ruan Wrote: If MAF is unplugged, it's still slow and it doesn't smoke like hell, there's no EGR problem.

Plug into pp2k and note the MAF rate and Injection Quantity.

No increase in smoke no noticeable difference to drive! 
So I maf has died I just can't believe that would through the light on!
I'm going to blank the egr anyway in prep for a map!
I'll have a look on eBay tonight and buy the software ect I'm going to need
It to get to the bottom of the issues lol

Give me an Xud any day of the week
Thanks given by:
Actually, just thought, it's a later one, ensure the doser valve isn't jammed/jamming as that would cause issues although I'd be surprised if with the MAF unplugged it doesn't smoke like hell...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 03:49 PM)Ruan Wrote: Actually, just thought, it's a later one, ensure the doser valve isn't jammed/jamming as that would cause issues although I'd be surprised if with the MAF unplugged it doesn't smoke like hell...

I found the doser tonight I didn't even realise they were introduced on the euro 3's oh the joys of emission control! With the maf unplugged no difference at all no smoke really I'm still convinced it's ded going to swop it and see how it runs!
Thanks given by:
Seriously, if the MAF is unplugged, it uses default airflow values that give pretty much full power... If unplugging it makes no difference, there's something else at fault.

If there was a fault anywhere causing lower airflow than is required for full power (I. E. EGR jammed open, doser jammed shut) unplugging it would cause bad smoke (since substitute airflow values give full fuel).
Thanks given by:
Well isn't this going to be fun! 2nd guessing it must be a fuel injection fault! it runs as clean as a whistle! Not sure why no dtc's showing I'll get myself pp2k that's the only way I'm going to get to the bottom of it as my autel doesn't support live data! I'll check over everything else just incase I'm still going to blank the egr off! Would you remove the air doser? Anything else you can think of I'm not much of a hdi expert?
Thanks given by:
Hi sorry if this is a bit of a hijack but since pp2000 has been mentioned can anyone recommend a supplier that is reliable and not a cheap chinese job, when I spoke to hdi tuning they said only buy the one with I think phillips chipset or summat like that

Thanks Simon
Thanks given by:
I have pp2000 and live near caernarfon. any member on here is welcome to see being used my copy on your car, at your risk, gratis.
Thanks given by: