I miss running veg oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I miss running veg oil
Miss the savings, miss the smell, miss the funny looks i got when putting it in, feel like my daily should be on veg. Really shouldnt have left it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
would liked to have run my hdi on it :/
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 07:41 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: would liked to have run my hdi on it :/

yeah thats what sucks. my hdi is awesome but i feel like daily needs to be a veg burner just on the money side of things. the hdi engine has huge potential to be epic in a 205 i think though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I miss the price. Seeing 5l in lidl for £3.50 the other day made me think about it.
And I used to get it free from work Sad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Re-adjust your testicals and fit the 2.1 engine.

/Thread.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 08:56 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Re-adjust your testicals and fit the 2.1 engine.

/Thread.

would love to get it in something. i think we have plans to build it into the kingfisher over winter while im doing all the other work to it. might as well as the engines coming out to paint the bay and refrensh everything as it is anyway. may as well have a 2.1 while im there.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 07:52 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(24-06-2016, 07:41 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: would liked to have run my hdi on it :/

yeah thats what sucks. my hdi is awesome but i feel like daily needs to be a veg burner just on the money side of things. the hdi engine has huge potential to be epic in a 205 i think though

there must be some way to overcome this & keep it reliable Undecided
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2016, 09:09 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(24-06-2016, 07:52 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:

there must be some way to overcome this & keep it reliable Undecided

Nooe unfortunty not you cant run veg in a hdi, ive heard of people twin tanking it. Starting on diesel warming up then switching but never to great reliablity.
Thanks given by:
Er yes there is...
Ve pump/mtdi it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Make your own bodiesel and run them on that
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I'm looking forward to running veg AGAIN. Miss it so much!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I've been running the 205 on it, love it!
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2016, 06:28 AM)Piggy Wrote: Er yes there is...
Ve pump/mtdi it!

Di veg oil works for a while but gums up piston rings eventually. So een i you mtdi it to run vg you need to install water injection to clean everything internally once in a while.
So possible yes.
Would i go down that route for veg. No id just whack an xud in for reliablities sake and be done wih it imho. Which im not gonna lie i am considering as i need a hdi lumpfor another project at some point
Thanks given by:
We all knew this was coming... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Do i have to be on the lookout for bosch'd xud at work? Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2016, 10:21 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Do i have to be on the lookout for bosch'd xud at work? Tongue

maybe, i have no money untill im moved though. you are always welcome to drop me a message if something comes up though, you never know at that particualr moment in time i may have the money
Thanks given by:
strangely i mis messing with the veg oil i think its the smug ness of running a car on next to no fuel cost

I don't mis the breakdowns on the side of the motorway at 11pm in winter cause the fuel filters plugged

hmm do i look for another?
used to love the corsa and 106 i converted
maybe an Isusu astra this time as there is more room in the bay Smile

also dablled in HHO too that was fun Big Grin

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(25-06-2016, 11:12 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(25-06-2016, 10:21 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Do i have to be on the lookout for bosch'd xud at work? Tongue

maybe, i have no money untill im moved though. you are always welcome to drop me a message if something comes up though, you never know at that particualr moment in time i may have the money

Even if you haven't im sure i can find a stash hole for an XUD Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
May be an option. Might have to buy a whole car though for the bits, dont really know yet to be honest, i know the engine in my current car is destined for a fresh rebuild into another shell
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2016, 11:46 AM)cully Wrote: strangely i mis messing with the veg oil i think its the smug ness of running a car on next to no fuel cost

I don't mis the breakdowns on the side of the motorway at 11pm in winter cause the fuel filters plugged

Once you get past the initial 'cleaning' phase it's alrite though, I very nearly broke down during rush hour on the M1 with mine.
Managed to luckily get it moving again and limped home.

Fuel filter housing is always the issue, it's the gunk that actually holds it together!
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2016, 11:10 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(25-06-2016, 11:46 AM)cully Wrote: strangely i mis messing with the veg oil i think its the smug ness of running a car on next to no fuel cost

Once you get past the initial 'cleaning' phase it's alrite though, I very nearly broke down during rush hour on the M1 with mine.
Managed to luckily get it moving again and limped home.

Fuel filter housing is always the issue, it's the gunk that actually holds it together!

ha not in my case ;Wink was running allsorts of shit fuel through the car
biggest issue i had was the tank gauze would block with congealed fat

poor quality homemade biodiesel with high content animal fat and a high level of metonal also eats plastic fuel tanks Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Get bio in the hdi not as much savings to be had but still save, im running audi on bio and have been since I bought it, certainly cheaper than buying diesel but not as cheap as veg but you get a better quality car so works its self out. I get my bio off eBay from a private producer paying 65ppl so decent saving over diesel.

Thanks given by:
(29-06-2016, 09:14 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Get bio in the hdi not as much savings to be had but still save, im running audi on bio and have been since I bought it, certainly cheaper than buying diesel but not as cheap as veg but you get a better quality car so works its self out. I get my bio off eBay from a private producer paying 65ppl so decent saving over diesel.

I wont run bio in the hdi im sure it causes issues in those. Some cars can take a percentage some cars cant. I think if it doesnt sell ill yank the engine and just put a xud in it
Thanks given by:
If you do that.....

Are we not back exactly where you were a couple months ago lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2016, 06:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: If you do that.....

Are we not back exactly where you were a couple months ago lol

With the blue estate? Sort if wish id just ran it around but my god it was geting rusty and i mean rusty its the entire reason for hanging from it in the first place. No regrets there

The silver one ill admit inactually earnt money on so i cant complain however i wish i couldve kept going with it. Sad such a shame the new house came up really but things are more important.

So to answer the question. Sort of but not really
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car you miss most? bashbarnard 51 7,087 29-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Miss my 306 Moh 0 732 09-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Moh
  Big miss! 306pc 9 1,725 19-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: ADV_93