11mm pump issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11mm pump issues
Hi all as above I'm having problems with my 11mm pump I've done the conversion following the guide on here and it all works fine the car runs well and idles well

In doin this tho I'm really not impressed with it I was expecting a massive difference but it hasn't really done anything I've gained higher revs threw the gov mod and about 2 psi more boost apart from that nothing else really made a difference. But if I turn the max fuel screw any more the engine won't die bck down to tick over when Rev it up. I have hardly any black smoke on boost unlike the old pump yet keeping the power of the old pump.

The lda has been done the gov mod been done and all the head apart from the delivery valves has been changed also the fuel line has been upgraded from the tank to 12mm so supply isn't an issue its a really brain teaser and what ever I do makes it worse really can't get it any better so any info or ideas be great thanks

Also the waste gate on turbo is as short as I can get it and only just pushes 22psi but the turbo will be changed soon the turbo on at the minute is a td04 but being changed when flanges are made up to a gt2052vnt running a boost can many thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Something is up with that. I was Boosting 45psi with an 11mm pump and td04

Have you adjusted the idle arm down on the back?
Thanks given by:
Yes the idle arm has been adjusted to carm the engine down on idle because how much I've had to turn max fuel up
Thanks given by:
.bump..
Thanks given by:
Throttle probably on wrong spline, put back a spline.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I have moved it bck a spline from where it was originally anyway which did make it better so I'll move it bck another maybe and go from there Cheers
Thanks given by:
.bump
Thanks given by:
for what reason did you bump this did you try another spline?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yea I've tried another spline and made no difference what so ever
Thanks given by:
if youre local to suffolk or willing to take a drive i will happily take a look for you. sounds like youve got something off. are you sure when you put your foot on the pedal its pulling the throttle arm over completely. lda not stuck up? fuel filter blocked? just a few to try
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks I'll check them out and goin to upgrade fuel filter anyway so I'll do that and go from there but if be happy to come for a drive if I could get it sorted thanks
Thanks given by:
If it's on the wrong splines it will run terrible! It takes a lot of fiddling with to get it right! Keep your max fuel screw at standard to start with! Be careful with the throttle!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,281 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: weka
  11mm pump build EngineEngineer 4 2,962 21-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Squeezing more power out of an already maxed out 11mm bosch pump Paul_13 28 7,119 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Paul_13