how have people installed and wired their slimline fans?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how have people installed and wired their slimline fans?
Looking to buy a 14" stoney racing slimline fan and wire it up to the AC button, but not sure how much work it is? How have people installed their fan/s also?
Thanks given by:
so you turn the AC button into fan control by bridging pins 1 and 3 of the air con sensor in the front right of the bay, so i think your issue is connecting the slimline to the existing wiring. You would have to salvage the wiring and relays from the standard fan coweling etc.

Whats your reason for replacing? Just that its not working? You need to thoroughly check everything as it may be the wiring not the fan motor at fault. Otherwise youll take it apart wire it in and youll be at square one but with a ruined OEM fan.

If youre stripping it all and doing your own wiring then you need a new button, 12v relay and some beefy wiring probably rated to 30A. Then youd need to have a fuse or two in there as well. Standard relay diagram should explain how to do it but if not post back here.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Sam! Current fans don't work when bridging pins and turning AC on, so thought it would be easier to wire it to the AC button, maybe not! So thought id get some slimlines, sounds a lot easier just to wire it to low speed and just have low speed.
Thanks given by:
even easier to replace like for like and leave as factory.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
ac button mod only works on the existing wiring if it works correctly
it wont magic fix a broken system

fix what you have it works well

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
yeh if youve bridged it already and it still doesnt work you need to be diagnosing the front end. Does hte motor work? are any wires broken? are the relays broken? are fuses blown? theres an issue there somewhere. Wiring a fan in on its own its a massive bodge especially when all the stock stuff is pretty much just there.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough guys, thanks! Will try and get the originals to work then replace them for a slimline using the same wiring.
Cant you pull the blue sensor out near the thermostat housing and supposedly the fans are to come on?
Thanks given by:
You checked to make use your fans are free? As they don't come on very often on the HDi's they do seize up sometimes.
Thanks given by:
Fans spin up by hand with ease, defo not seized
Thanks given by:
If you look on my thread i've devised a wiring plan for mine, going to be 3 way switch - off, both half speed, both full speed. Also when you linked the relays did you give the fans a little knock of persuation as mine are free by hand but when tested needed a little knock to get them going.

EDIT:
I also have picks of all the different relay link up to try fans, either 1 or 2 and different speeds.
Thanks given by:
I found on projectonthecheap that the free spinning fan had died
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Clever stuff P Courty! A bit past me though haha
Cheers Piggy, they are the originals so it wouldn't surprise me haha Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers Smile tbh though it looks complicated but all i am actually doing is running 2 cables from the low/high speed switch to the fan relays, and disconnecting temp/ac switch wires from them basically. Very easy job just need to add leds to remind me to turn them on and off!
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2016, 09:53 PM)P-Courty Wrote: cheers Smile tbh though it looks complicated but all i am actually doing is running 2 cables from the low/high speed switch to the fan relays, and disconnecting temp/ac switch wires from them basically. Very easy job just need to add leds to remind me to turn them on and off!

Ah fair dos, does sound much simpler when you put it like that haha Smile
Thanks given by:
Just to add, there's a way to test if the fans work on PP2000. My fans don't turn on but using PP2000, half and full speed work fine lol
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 01:05 AM)BiG K Wrote: Just to add, there's a way to test if the fans work on PP2000. My fans don't turn on but using PP2000, half and full speed work fine lol

Most diag computers that plug into these should be able to trigger the fans to work.
Thanks given by:
Just a thought i wored mine into front fog wiring. I never used them and intended to fit raylle blanks
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
That's an interesting way to do it Bash haha, already got rallye blanks fitted, sounds a lot more complicated that wiring to the original relays.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 10:05 AM)MY95 Wrote: That's an interesting way to do it Bash haha, already got rallye blanks fitted, sounds a lot more complicated that wiring to the original relays.

Cut the wires on the fog light plug solder to the slimline fans sinplest it could get. Already fused and relayed. Takes about 5 mins. Simplest way i thought of doing it keeping oem look
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 10:35 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(22-06-2016, 10:05 AM)MY95 Wrote: That's an interesting way to do it Bash haha, already got rallye blanks fitted, sounds a lot more complicated that wiring to the original relays.

Cut the wires on the fog light plug solder to the slimline fans sinplest it could get. Already fused and relayed. Takes about 5 mins. Simplest way i thought of doing it keeping oem look
That's a great idea, sure that's got to be the easiest way, why has no-one, mentioned this before!! [emoji106]
shame i can't do it as i want to keep my fogs Sad
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 10:35 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:

depends what that circuit is rated and fused to in amps.

simplest way would be to run a whole new feed via relay and install a switch on the dash (you can use an oem switch if you like) + add in the temp sensor if you wish to trigger the fans automatically.
Thanks given by:
Mine just uses standard wiring from a standard non ac single fan setup. Was cheap and simple to sort.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Ive just finished the wiring on my slimline fans on my hdi.

I have however ditched a lot of the original wiring, basically from the old loom I have just used an earth and constant 12v live, I have then bought a 2 pin radiator fan switch, think it was from a 205, that switches the fans on at 88 degrees and off again at 79. Wired this onto the fan relay (only have one 30a relay as slim lines are only 80w each)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink drl lights wired to sidelights help stokesy 23 7,172 31-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Slimline Fan Wiring Eeyore 3 1,171 27-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Fans...HDi fans... HDi slimline fans... wiring.. toseland 3 1,788 07-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: cully