FAQ video ideas....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAQ video ideas....
I regularly get asked the same sort of questions on my Piggypower FB page and often see the same stuff come up on other pages and forums...here too...

So I'm going to compile the most common and do a FAQ video on 306s/diesel tuning...

Any good suggestions? 

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
1.a Turning the boost/fuel/lols up on a bosch pump
1.b LDA grinds/adjustment (both grinding and turning 180degrees so the more aggressive side is controlling the pin)
2. Govn' modding the bosch VE pump

4. Tuning a lucas pump (OH NOES HE SAID IT)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll likely cover 1a/b briefly with a link to Darrens guide which covers it just fine.
Point 3 will be "fit a bosch" standard reply lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Be good to recap those commonly asked questions here so people don't double post?
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2016, 02:18 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Be good to recap those commonly asked questions here so people don't double post?

Like what you think?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i want to see some proper dutrbo tuning videos. How to do it from scratch, how to fit a bosch, how to fit the boost controller, how to turn up the pump, how to buy and filter veg... fitting a bigger IC, BOv, a whole series specifically on the dturbo would be great. Id have one but all of this is still just magic to me.
Thanks given by:
How to gearbox mount a random turbo you bought off ebay for 99p

edit; possibly a good one for the budget estate you did.
Thanks given by:
This isnt an idea thread for series of how to's...although the ideas are excellent...I have been considering buying a cheap xud dturbo for just such a series..

But more FAQs that always get asked...

Like what is best... Xud or hdi... Which turbo is best... Etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
should i throttlebody my 1.8
Thanks given by:
I have been meaning to re do my "XUD Tuning Video" on youtube for the last 7 years, but not got around to it yet....Got quite a bit of new footage at one point inside the pump, but never found the time to finish it. Have always wanted to drop a car on the dyno, and perform / explain each mod, and then show the gains, but again, yet to get around to it!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
^^^that would be shweeeet.

Need to book a long weekend... Bring a bogo standard dturbo down
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Surely if you're doing this to answer all the questions you regularly get asked it'd be easier/more relevant to compile the list yourself from your youtube and facebook pages?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 06:11 AM)Poodle Wrote: Surely if you're doing this to answer all the questions you regularly get asked it'd be easier/more relevant to compile the list yourself from your youtube and facebook pages?

I'll be doing that...

But I just was happy to take on anyone elses suggestions or things they have noted that get asked frequently
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2016, 05:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I have been meaning to re do my "XUD Tuning Video" on youtube for the last 7 years, but not got around to it yet....Got quite a bit of new footage at one point inside the pump, but never found the time to finish it. Have always wanted to drop a car on the dyno, and perform / explain each mod, and then show the gains, but again, yet to get around to it!

Do you want to finish your DT? lol
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 08:36 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(21-06-2016, 05:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I have been meaning to re do my "XUD Tuning Video" on youtube for the last 7 years, but not got around to it yet....Got quite a bit of new footage at one point inside the pump, but never found the time to finish it. Have always wanted to drop a car on the dyno, and perform / explain each mod, and then show the gains, but again, yet to get around to it!

Do you want to finish your DT? lol

Haha well I was thinking to....one day.... Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-06-2016, 02:38 PM)Eeyore Wrote: i want to see some proper dutrbo tuning videos. How to do it from scratch, how to fit a bosch, how to fit the boost controller, how to turn up the pump, how to buy and filter veg... fitting a bigger IC, BOv, a whole series specifically on the dturbo would be great. Id have one but all of this is still just magic to me.
This would be brilliant !!
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 07:20 AM)Piggy Wrote: I'll be doing that...

But I just was happy to take on anyone elses suggestions or things they have noted that get asked frequently

Fair shout. How about a few "how does it work" videos - turbo, fuel pump, injectors, etc.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Do people ask that a lot on FB/forums?!

Not that all those are good ideas
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No idea, i hate facebook. Rofl I'm really the wrong person to be posting in here, i'll find my own way out.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Burnout videos, cold start stuff thats been sitting, racing, interesting projects you have a finger in.

How to:
Straight thru cheap
Change seats
Install soeakers undertanding rms etc
Snap off wheel boss vs fixed

Jut a few ideas
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
.....still not sure people are quite getting what I'm doing here......

FAQ.

"frequently asked questions"

As said before...I'm not struggling for ideas on how to's or projects...I probably have years worth...its time and money thats the restriction...
But I'm asking if anyone has noticed common FAQs
?!

(21-06-2016, 04:19 PM)Eeyore Wrote: should i throttlebody my 1.8

Only one person asked that...

You.

We all said no. lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bosch conversion, hdi box conversion, gti6 flywheel on hdi with pull type clutch. Brake switch replacement
Where to lookfor rust

All common things asked on groups

Plus best turbo
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
how do I change my heater matrix
where are the fuses and what do they do
if I was a punk rocker with a flower in my hair would I go to Glastonbury or Woodstock
Thanks given by:
you cant stop the Noobs from asking the same questions all the time.

i.e you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2016, 10:53 AM)welshpug Wrote: you cant stop the Noobs from asking the same questions all the time.

i.e you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

But you can drown it and thats near enough
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dell dimension 3000 gone tits up, any ideas, diag light video stevieg 5 1,483 05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Eeyore