306 half camper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 half camper
So my daily is a 306 saloon...bought a ph2 hatch for the front end an a few other pieces to fix mine.
Had an idea to turn the scrap one into a small camper for showes etch people's thoughts
Thanks given by:
I like the idea but have no idea about the practicalities!
Thanks given by:
Pics?
Thanks given by:
It's in it early stages yet and had to abonden ship due to the lovely rain :/
Thanks given by:
the main thing is finding & fitting a 'lifting roof' + small (caravan sized) appliances.
there are a few 'van breakers post on ebay freq.
also, you may wish to consider 'extending' the sides to square up the body shape
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Surely an estate would be best for this given that they are already large enough to lie down in?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeh I probably would have started with an estate. You can't sleep in cars at french car show so you need to make it genuinely camper like.
Thanks given by:
i've seen this done on the frontera owners group, where someone got the back half of a frontera and turned it into a trailer,

worked really well, and looked fecking awsome when hitched up Smile

the only issue you may have is the centre of balance, as you really dont want alot of weight on the tow ball, i think about 25kg is the right number, any more and you will effect handling, any less and you put stress on the retaining pins and risk a disconnect.

My only concern is primarily the CG, get it wrong and all your work will be for nothing. you could always re-case an already existing trailer tent. that could work Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
It's cut just in front of the b pillar so plenty of room to lie down..only going to be basic bed etch....estate would be too heavy..only real weight is the rear axle everything else will be stripped or made as light as possable
Thanks given by:
how about something like this beast!! was made for a film.
[Image: 3ec66d9f11c1ba4d0693f9ec45703ba0.jpg]
[Image: 84aba75b449630a9b5afc0fde0178602.jpg]
[Image: f423243cc744bb3c22fa4c5f872483bf.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2016, 08:50 PM)P-Courty Wrote: how about something like this beast!! was made for a film.
[Image: 3ec66d9f11c1ba4d0693f9ec45703ba0.jpg]
[Image: 84aba75b449630a9b5afc0fde0178602.jpg]
[Image: f423243cc744bb3c22fa4c5f872483bf.jpg]

WTF! Undecided

(19-06-2016, 08:22 PM)insomaniac45 Wrote: i've seen this done on the frontera owners group, where someone got the back half of a frontera and turned it into a trailer,

worked really well, and looked fecking awsome when hitched up Smile

the only issue you may have is the centre of balance, as you really dont want alot of weight on the tow ball, i think about 25kg is the right number, any more and you will effect handling, any less and you put stress on the retaining pins and risk a disconnect.

My only concern is primarily the CG, get it wrong and all your work will be for nothing. you could always re-case an already existing trailer tent. that could work Smile

I have a feeling the 'nose weight' is 52kg (i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong).
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Nose weights are usually 50-70kg on cars Smile

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VW T4 Van to Camper Craig-o 28 8,575 28-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam