Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT!
Well I went and spoke to the service manager, showed him photos then argued with him for 10 mins. Then he said what I wanted to here, it wasn't his responsibility.

I took the back box off there and then and took the still hot exhaust to the parts department where the service manager was talking to the parts manager. The crack in the skin now had signs of the exhaust gasses leaking.

Took another 45 minutes of arguing them saying I had damaged the box and them saying because it was fitted they wouldn't take it back and me stating it wasn't fit for purpose for them to find the other back box I ordered a while back (the one without the chrome tip) and you could clearly see the flange was on the piss. At the start the Parts manager also said the flange couldn't be welded wrong, I said that yes it would have been in a jig but it still could have been in the jig wrong.

After them getting the other box out the managers manner changed and was being more reasonable, I was happy with a swap for the better quality OE unit.

The new back box has been fitted now and the car sounds awesome under load. Not as boomy on the motorway.

I took the car up to Wolverhampton the other week to see my new niece and the got up there fine but while up there when I took my nephew out in it the clutch started feeling scratchy and heavier.

When I got back I took the peddle apart and greased the moving parts but made no difference. I then thought it must be the cable as I didn't replace it when doing the clutch. I changed that tonight and now the clutch is so light, could be lighter then the 206 clutch.

You can see here the plastic coating on the inner has come away so the scratchy feeling was the metal inner and outer were wearing on each other.

[Image: IMG_20160920_200306_zpsxdufodlg.jpg]

Working in the dark again Sad
[Image: IMG_20160920_200025_zpsqbkiyl7c.jpg]

It's no wonder the cable drys out, the cable is closer to the exhaust then on the HDI. I might have to make a heat shield to help.
[Image: IMG_20160920_195709_zpsxvq6je9q.jpg]

The car is going to be off the road for winter and I'm thinking of parking it up next week Sad Really going to miss driving it over the next 6 months.

It would be nice if I could take the engine out over this time but I can't on the drive because of the slope Sad
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT! - by DeeTurbo - 20-09-2016, 08:57 PM