Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT!
Couldn't do any work on the car last week as I was spannering at a kart race meeting up in the Lake District.

Today was the only day this weekend I could work on the car. I decided to put a bit of paint on the ball joint shields as it doesn't take long for them to rust.

[Image: DSCN8622_zpsz7exffjb.jpg]

[Image: DSCN8624_zpsqatvauzf.jpg]

The plan was to try and sort out the broken stud in the condenser and replace the wishbone bushes.

As the paint was drying on the shields I started taking the front end apart.

[Image: DSCN8625_zpsrsvi0unm.jpg]

[Image: DSCN8633_zpsfw1mbttl.jpg]

Bottom bummer bolts had seized in the retain clips so I drilled the heads off and I've got some nickel plated clips and stainless bolts to replace them with.

[Image: DSCN8628_zpsdhvyhxcf.jpg]

When I got the condenser out I noticed most was in good condition but there was a small patch that didn't look good and had a slight leak, you can see the green dye.

[Image: DSCN8629_zps7sdcvddk.jpg]

[Image: DSCN8632_zps561j99s8.jpg]

[Image: DSCN8631_zps5ippzaui.jpg]

The PAS cooler has been cable tied on for some reason and it looks to be in good condition, I think it must have been replace at some stage.

[Image: DSCN8634_zpscigfu1wv.jpg]

The plug to the fans looked good with no green corrosion that you normally see.

[Image: DSCN8635_zpswcwfkpf7.jpg]

I got access to the inside of the chassis leg and I was able to get out the bit that snapped off the other week when I removed the airbox.

[Image: DSCN8636_zpsnfcrdmnh.jpg]

No wonder it snapped.

[Image: DSCN8637_zpso7wfjdzr.jpg]

I didn't bring the spare condenser with me so I stuck the old one back on and put the front back together.

Next I started on the wishbones.

The front bushes had it so I replaced them with powerflex ones.

[Image: DSCN8638_zpsmgxj8jab.jpg]

The rear P bushes were the worst I've ever seen.

[Image: DSCN8639_zpsa1d7lat2.jpg]

I found out the bottom ball joints aren't that great ether so I've got some on order. This one the little boot has been wearing on the shield.

[Image: DSCN8640_zpsuobxgh26.jpg]

Wishbone with new Febi P bush and Powerflex front, ball joint to be replaced next week.

[Image: DSCN8641_zpsdlvdblzw.jpg]

After dinner I took the font end off again to replace the condenser. This time I took the bumper, lights and slam panel off in one go. This was the first time I'd done it like this.

[Image: IMG_20160814_202258_zpszd2hgu0h.jpg]

The new condenser was a pain to fit as it was all bent out of shape and took a lot of tweaking to fit.

[Image: IMG_20160814_202303_zpsbgbwh9jh.jpg]

It was dark by the time I'd finished, can't believe the nights are getting longer again.

[Image: IMG_20160814_212903_zpsgep6wsay.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT! - by DeeTurbo - 14-08-2016, 09:49 PM