Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT!
On Friday I finished blasting the last caliper, applied the colour, rebuilt them with new seals and sliders and that evening installed them on the car as I was hoping the take the car to work to do the clutch and crank oil seals because of this I rushed getting them on the car and the paint hadn't hardened enough so unfortunately made a bit of a mess of it.

The other thing I wasn't able to do was put my new braided lines on, that'll have to be another day.

[Image: IMG_20160715_114109_zpssskxe8vc.jpg]

They would have looked a lot better with the new discs and pads but I thought I'd leave the orginal ones in and get the full use from them before putting the new in also the pads a Ferodo and I've only bought bog standard Pagid.

[Image: IMG_20160715_201325_zpswfrrp2lr.jpg]

I got some stainless bleed screws to lessen the chance of them getting stuck in the future.

[Image: IMG_20160715_201317_zpssbjzmpws.jpg]

On Saturday I got up late and by the time I got the car to work the day was getting up to 32c and I was struggling with the heat so decided against tackling the clutch change instead I thought I'd give the cooling system a proper good flush.

I stuck in Holts rad flush for the drive to work and when I got there I dropped the coolant.

[Image: DSCN8059_zpsi5rfmmup.jpg]

I then connected up some large bore pipes up to the block and used mains pressure to flush the system after removing the thermostat.

[Image: DSCN8056_zpsfohrgcwd.jpg]

[Image: DSCN8057_zps7ptuwfpa.jpg]

I then disconnected the heater matrix pipes to flush that separately. There was loads of crap on the inside of the pipes.

[Image: DSCN8061_zpsddfyjcg7.jpg]

After flushing the system I thought I'd have a look at the clutch cable as I thought the routing wasn't great when I was under the car last also the clip that holds the adjuster had rusted away.

[Image: DSCN8063_zps8oaxl0nc.jpg]

[Image: DSCN8064_zpshmzxxzhk.jpg]

I also stuck a bit of chain lub on the fork shaft where the bushes are. I drilled a small hole in the bottom bush to spray the lub in through. I'm glad I took a look at the cable and lub'ed the bushes as the clutch feels loads better.

Before I did anything on the on clutch the pedal took 38kg of force to push down, it's no wonder my foot ached after driving the car a few times during the week. The Dturbo takes 20kg and my girlfriends 206 HDI with its hydraulic system only takes 10kg! Both cars have had recent clutches.

After I got all the air out the cooling system I had a lovely drive home.[Image: DSCN8066_zps32emwh0h.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT! - by DeeTurbo - 17-07-2016, 06:53 PM