Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT!
(30-04-2016, 09:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I honestly don't know how people manage to break so much stuff...  I've never seen a tensioner snap like that!!

ECP staff are shit at my local as well, was one decent guy there that I got to know quite well (obviously, owning 306s lol) but I tend to have stuff delivered now as there's such a long wait for collection.  However I do at least get the right parts from there, unlike GSF who seem to give me the wrong ones every time. lol

When I used to live in the Midlands the one in Birmingham was very good, sold the same as dealer parts I needed and were very knowledgeable.

Lol, 2 shit cats so hopefully one works lol.  Looks like you're missing the red plastic slide clip from the lambda sensor, was the old one even plugged in?  If not, that's probably your emissions fault.

Ah, that's the reason it doesn't fit right, I'll see if I can get a replacement plug to take it off. Yep the other was connected, cable tied to.

Those AC pipes aren't original, they've been replaced so may at least have working AC on it!

I'll get someone at work to do a vac test on it but I bet it'll need a condenser. 

Looks like you made decent progress today though.  I know how you feel with seeing how much work it'd need to be perfect, but I've given up trying to get mine perfect now...  And will it knock your socks off?  Doubt it!  But warm it up then thrash the nuts of it and you'll see what they're all about...

I'm just pissed  I didn't take some exhaust sealant and at the whole exhaust system. The car an hour drive away at the moment, I tired to think of all the bits I need but always end up forgetting something. It is an enjoyable drive though, some nice a and b roads. The Dturbo does feel really good after the beam repair but would like it to have more pull. If I don't enjoy the '6 I'll probably stage 2 the Dturbo or a lower mileage one.
Also need to do the cambelt before I drive it hard, it's done around 35k and it's been on for 8 years.

(30-04-2016, 10:01 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Wtf is that red cable?? Looks like a redundant amp power cable to.me......

Yep, you guessed it.

The earth cable is still bolted in the boot and the RCA's are there to.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally have a '6, the trials and tribulations of buying a 17 year old car. - by DeeTurbo - 30-04-2016, 10:11 PM