Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally have a '6, Spares or repair car now got an MOT!
(26-04-2016, 09:30 PM)Ben_w Wrote:
(26-04-2016, 07:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'll bet its got an aftermarket cat? They're useless if so! Confused

Mine is all bent up underneath as well, big hump in the passenger footwell also, how hard is it to jack on the jack point and put the stand under the subframe ffs! Dodgy

Floor humps are easy.......a few good wallops with the back of your heel or if there's enough room, a lump hammer!

My Rallye had the same issue on the passenger side.

Didn't realise it'd be that easy to bend back, I'll have to give it a go!

(26-04-2016, 10:52 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(26-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Lambda sensor really should be a proper Bosch one. Others tend to run on a different ohm range and give different readings...

Change of plugs, a proper lambda sensor and an bitnof an Italian tune up should see the end of your emissions issues.

The bent bits aren't too bad in comparison I've seen.....I'd get the rusty bits treated soon though before it all starts to rot through.

When I saw the link Niel posted on Tom's lambda thread I ordered the Bosch one to.

Any idea on which plugs they came with from the factory, is it Bosch or NGK?

Love the work and the attention to detail on your project Ben.

(26-04-2016, 07:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'll bet its got an aftermarket cat?  They're useless if so! Confused

Mine is all bent up underneath as well, big hump in the passenger footwell also, how hard is it to jack on the jack point and put the stand under the subframe ffs! Dodgy

There is a receipt for a cat so most likely it is an aftermarket unit.

(26-04-2016, 07:26 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looka lovely mate

What you plan on doing to it.

Plans at the moment are to get it to pass it's MOT get it home then get it up to scratch for the summer.

Original plan was to fix it and keep it for the summer then sell in the autumn but not sure at the minute.

I need to replace the suspension bushes front and back could do with replacing to (ordered P bushes in case it fails for them), cambelt according to the paperwork was replaced around 30k ago but it's been on 8 years (ordered cambelt kit and water pump), rear wiper arm is broken (one on order) and number plate (only got advisory but I wouldn't have passed it so that's on order to).

The car is very original, it's still got the original induction piping and airbox, radio and auto changer was included in the sale. If I keep it I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

Just can't wait to get it home, the seller is a really nice guy and has been very accommodating to allow me to repair the car at his so I can get it through the MOT.

Lol, all of the Bosch lambdas have sold now, wondered who bought the other 2! lol

You 'might' get away with the aftermarket cat if you can get it really hot before the test, but I mean full on limiter thrash as they just aren't as efficient as the genuine ones.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally have a '6, the trials and tribulations of buying a 17 year old car. - by Toms306 - 27-04-2016, 07:49 AM