GTi 6 Lambda Fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi 6 Lambda Fault
Evening,

So, I've got a permanent Lambda fault on the GTi6 on PP2K, but the EML is not on. It comes on with ignition so bulb hasn't been removed lol.

Sensor is plugged in and the plug seems tight and clean. Does anyone know how I can test it with a multimeter and the figures I should expect?

The engine seems a bit jerky at constant cruising and very jerky on run down (letting off throttle completely) which seems like a lambda issue. There was also 1 occasion where I had no power at about 3.5k in 2nd, felt like the limiter, but I can't replicate that so may have imagined it lol!

However fuel economy doesn't seem terrible (50 miles to 1/8th of a tank roughly), its not smoky and it idles fine which makes me think it's not lambda lol...

So yeah, any tips on checking the sensor or anything else I should check relating to that would be useful. Smile

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
For the cost, replace the sensor?

Also, you tried clearing the fault and seeing whether it re-occurs. Could be an old fault?

EDIT: Also sounds like, you're finding problems as you know the 'fault' is there? Placebo type..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
lots of info in my sig link Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=26014

check the wires arn't burned as they run past the hot exhaust and melt together,
check the lamba heater fuse in the engine bay fusebox

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(21-04-2016, 05:27 PM)ginge191 Wrote: For the cost, replace the sensor?

Also, you tried clearing the fault and seeing whether it re-occurs. Could be an old fault?

EDIT: Also sounds like, you're finding problems as you know the 'fault' is there? Placebo type..

The sensors are like £70 iirc! Confused

Yes I cleared the fault, it returned immediately.

Don't think it is placebo, I did wonder that myself but pretty sure the previous one was smooth on run down at least.

(21-04-2016, 05:31 PM)cully Wrote: lots of info in my sig link Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=26014

check the wires arn't burned as they run past the hot exhaust and melt together,
check the lamba heater fuse in the engine bay fusebox

Ah cheers Paul, I didn't even notice there was a link in your sig. lol
Thanks given by:
Will be a dead sensor. If you want to replace it, it MUST be a genuine (or bosch but the correct part number) as the 1AP ecu uses a different voltage range on its lambda compared to most sensors.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Get a new one mate.
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2016, 06:47 PM)Niall Wrote: Will be a dead sensor. If you want to replace it, it MUST be a genuine (or bosch but the correct part number) as the 1AP ecu uses a different voltage range on its lambda compared to most sensors.

^^^ muchos this
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Do we reckon its definitely that causing the jerking then?

Don't suppose anyones got a decent genuine used one hanging around lol?
Thanks given by:
Dont have one for sale but the Bosch PN is 0258003717 and they are £48 on Amazon. Deal really when exactly the same thing from pug is £170 lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: silverzx
Hmm, that's not bad tbf!
Thanks given by:
So, I've ordered one of the Amazon sensors and will fit it this weekend if it arrives by then.

Quick question though, is it worth buying a lambda socket to remove the old one without rounding it or just stick to mole grips? The cat is original from the looks of it so I would assume the lambda will be pretty stuck in there.
Thanks given by:
Fire and an adjustable spanner... Molegrips when it rounds.
Thanks given by:
If you can, try and get a ring spanner on it.....can't recall the design of them if there is enough room to get one on it.....and as said, heat.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Its a 22mm if you cant get it undone. Dont force it and pop into works workshop not mine as we have a lambda socket set there ou can use. Or i can bring it home and you can pop into my workshop and see me Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
as said ring spanner, dont just wind it out, work it back and forth with some oil slowly till it comes out

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Cant get a ring spanner on it with the plug surely? I don't want to cut the wires in case I can't get it out or if it turns out it's not that at fault. Not that I have a spanner big enough here anyway lol.

Edit - I'm being a dick, I removed the lambda on the Rallye yesterday so Sam must have a big enough spanner. lol I used the open end though as I'd only fitted it to the decat recently so knew it wouldn't be tight, does the ring end fit over the plug? Confused
Thanks given by:
Take for a hoon, jack up whilst still hot and remove with ease Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 07:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote:  does the ring end fit over the plug? Confused

yes if you cut the wires  Rofl

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Ah ok, I'm not cutting wires lol. I could probably fit a deep 6pt socket over it if I was but that's a last resort. Confused

Yeah will warm it up first Niall...not sure about 'easy' removal but should help a hit haha.
Thanks given by:
hoon it over to mine and then use my massive tool?
Thanks given by:
Now there's an offer I can't refuse! Wink
Thanks given by:
Lambda arrived today, right part number and genuine Bosch box... I'm struggling to find why it's so cheap... Confused
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2016, 12:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lambda arrived today, right part number and genuine Bosch box...  I'm struggling to find why it's so cheap... Confused

Because thats how much they are and Peugeot just inflate the price!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Tom did your lambda have any markings on the sensor body? Mine doesn't, which I find strange.

Could they be cheap sensors in a Bosch box???

Also the one that came off the car and the new one don't click in to the plug on the car, what's that about? I've cable tied the plug together.
Thanks given by:
Mine has the Bosch stuff etched into the casing, identical to the one I removed but you've gotta look hard to see it tbf.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lambda sensor willJspears 5 1,171 02-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Last Post: eddy_gti6
  Lambda sensor location Daniel306 3 1,293 18-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Daniel306
  Rallye lambda sensor, eml light? Mitch 4 1,472 21-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Mitch