Speakers that fit in the rear pods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers that fit in the rear pods?
I have a stealth shelf with the speaker pods underneath. I will be amping the front speakers which are decent set of alpines. However I also want a bit of noise in the back for now which is a bit better quality than the stock speakers.

They will only be powered from the head-unit so will need to be good efficiency speakers. So yeah just curious as what people have managed to fit inside the stock parcel shelf pods?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
What I did was fit focal 165vs on the front and amped them. THe rears i left stock but ramped the sound heavily backwards so that the sound was almost equal. The stock speakers and the enclosure that the parcel shelf makes are actually quite impressive. I haven't seen anyone fit non oem speakers in the shelf, only shelfs which have either had the plastic removed or had the bottoms cut out for bigger magnets.
Thanks given by:
Sony XS-F1735 fit perfectly into the enclosure (scrape the cardboard ring off the OEM speakers and re-use on the after market speakers for the right clearance).

The only problem is, that was 8 years ago I bought those and are no longer made Sad
Thanks given by:
Yeah they backs aren't too bad but are lacking a tweeter. My front ones will be amped soon and they are alpine ones so should be good.

That's unfortunate Big K haha.
Thanks given by:
I had direct fit speakers...but as sammy said...had to cut the back a little for magnet space
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've put Pioneers in front & back. will have to go up in the attic for the model nymber.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I wanted to try and keep the pod whole as then the speaker wont be competing with the air space of the sub. I have sealed the back you see and it has stopped them distorting from the air movement of the sub below which was nice.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Budget Front and Rear Speakers? MY95 12 2,692 16-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Why am i only gettin' bass from rear speakers Hdi and proud of it 18 4,009 23-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
Question rear speakers not working Scouse282 6 1,713 17-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Scouse282