the rears are 6x9 3 way infinity through an amplifier and crossovers
i have tried different settings but need help
CheersSmile
Smile
Thanks given by:
reverse the polarity of the wires to the speakers
or maybe the crossoveres are filtering the highs
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2014, 08:35 PM)cully Wrote: reverse the polarity of the wires to the speakers
or maybe the crossoveres are filtering the highs

Cheers Cully,
i'll try switching the wires over first, thats the easy bit, how can i check the crossovers though...Idea..oh oh just remove them i suppose!!
Smile
Thanks given by:
Are you using the sub pre outs on the back of your head unit or are the pre outs set to low pass?
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2014, 09:09 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Are you using the sub pre outs on the back of your head unit or are the pre outs set to low pass?

sorry mate, i'm a novice at this stuff and pre out is a new phrase to me

Ive got a Pioneer p40mp head unit, and a sony xplod xm280gtx amp,

theres one thin blue wire to the amp plus speaker cables and power

Cheers for your help mate, i'll have a look behind the head unit tomorrow
Smile
Thanks given by:
There are two ways to get music (signal) to an amp
1) RCA cable.
2) high level.

The RCA or phono plugs are connected to the head units pre output stage so before the amp in the headunit. You connect this way to get better quality sound. The pre outs are the round plugs that go to the amp from the back of the head unit.

The high level signal is the signal that usually goes to the speakers but some amps can take this signal and amplify it even more but the sound quality isn't as good.

There are two other ways also but they're digital but I won't go into that.

I've just had a look at the headunit you've got and there are two sets of pre out on the back. Ones for a full range signal and the other if for a sub.

Make sure you've not connected to the sub pre outs.

Check out page 36 of your manual.

http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/DEH_P40MP...10_manual/
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2014, 09:41 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: There are two ways to get music (signal) to an amp
1) RCA cable.
2) high level.

The RCA or phono plugs are connected to the head units pre output stage so before the amp in the headunit. You connect this way to get better quality sound. The pre outs are the round plugs that go to the amp from the back of the head unit.

The high level signal is the signal that usually goes to the speakers but some amps can take this signal and amplify it even more but the sound quality isn't as good.

There are two other ways also but they're digital but I won't go into that.

I've just had a look at the headunit you've got and there are two sets of pre out on the back. Ones for a full range signal and the other if for a sub.

Make sure you've not connected to the sub pre outs.

Check out page 36 of your manual.

http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/DEH_P40MP...10_manual/

Deeturbo you are the man,

RCA cable is the one and that head unit is coming out tomorrow to try the other pre out as that sounds like the problem i"ve created.

Cheers dude
Smile
Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeh was going to say sounds more like a headunit config problem. RCA sub out would be that Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've swapped the RCA wires to the other pre out on the HU and now have working rear speakers Yay! sound good too.
but
now the front speakers aren't working,
the fronts aren't connected to the amp they are fed direct from the HU
should i feed them from the amp to make them work?
Dunno - Stumped Undecided
Smile
Thanks given by:
Did you remember to connect the speaker plug back in after you had the headunit out?
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2014, 07:52 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Did you remember to connect the speaker plug back in after you had the headunit out?

Hi DeeTurbo,

Sorry mate,
I didn't disconnect any of the plugs on the back of the head unit
just switched rca to other pre out
Back speakers are great now thanks for the help on this.
tried to fade rear speakers to give more front and realised the fronts weren't working
Smile
Thanks given by:
Still can't get any sound from the front speakers, anyone got any ideas please as I'm all out
Smile
Thanks given by:
Try unpluging the RCA leads from the head unit that you put on, see if the fronts come back and let me know what happens.
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2014, 09:57 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Try unpluging the RCA leads from the head unit that you put on, see if the fronts come back and let me know what happens.

I unpllugged the RCA leads and the fronts work,

also...

I got down on my hands and knees and found that with the RCA leads plugged in the front speakers ARE working only they are very very quiet
Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok, looks like the head unit is sensing the RCA's are being plugged in to the sockets for the front and then turning off the built in amp that powers the front speakers.

I think you will need to put the RCA leads back in the ones that you had before where you only got bass but then you'll need to read the manual to find out how to switch that channel to full range.

I hate Pioneer head units as I can never get on with the menu system.

Edit:
Ok then, just had a quick look. Press "audio" select SUB.W turn that to off. Now when you just had bass you should have everything.

Let me know how that goes.
Thanks given by:
Hi DeeTurbo,
Yeehaa, got sound from all
, cheers for all the help mate.
Smile
Thanks given by:
What was it in the end?
Thanks given by:
Need to switch po/sub to po/ful, po/sub gives fade to the rears only where as po/ful gives fade rear to front, problem is its in a sub menu so i had to switch off the head unit and hold the power button in to change menus then turn it on again to see if its changed
Smile
Thanks given by:
See what I mean about crap menu system lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speakers that fit in the rear pods? JTaylor2005 6 1,586 20-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Best Budget Front and Rear Speakers? MY95 12 2,712 16-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Amp & Sub - Bass in your Face Alan_M 0 789 08-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Alan_M