Project onthecheap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project onthecheap
In the interests of adding things to forum...

Here is something I am working on...but didnt think anyone be interested in lmao

For some time a good friend has been running 1.5nad 106-saxo on veg as per my advice on cheap motoring...even makes his own now.

When someone side swiped his saxo...it was time to upgrade.... Obviously its a 306...he wanted an estate...so...

Ph3 Meridian with a xud9te from a ZX. £600. 12mths ticket. Bamm. Has a bosch so ready to go on veg

Gave me £250 to play with to see what I could do....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i like estates. i like xuds. i like veg oil. i like this
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Over last couple weeks so far managed to:

Replace drivers seat, was ripped up, and bits of interior that were needed to tidy it up, and wet vac it all. Replaced trim bits here and there too. Speaker cover, shrouds etc.

Full engine service and gearbox oil change, coolant change.

Today managed to fit new wheels, gti6 front brakes, new rear wiper and arm/blade. Change all brake fluid, serivce and correctly adjust rear brakes.

Tomorrow its cambelt and fix the rust I found today...hope to solve the mystery of lack of rpm gauge too.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Worst number plate removal ever... lol
Thanks given by:

Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If its still got hdi clocks in you need xud ones for speddo to work
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2016, 05:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Worst number plate removal ever... lol

Was that way when it arrived...someone used trade plates stuck on with duct tape to drive it to me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2016, 06:03 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(14-04-2016, 05:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Worst number plate removal ever... lol

Was that way when it arrived...someone used trade plates stuck on with duct tape to drive it to me

Ah, makes sense! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2016, 06:03 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: If its still got hdi clocks in you need xud ones for speddo to work

Got ph2 xud clocks already in it.

Annoying as I bought a set ready...then realised it had them
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I love it! I really want an estate still! This ticks all the boxes!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Think the lasaaars make it look so much better...best oem 15" wheel for the estate imho.
Anyone has a 195/55/15 cheap but good nick...I'll have it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not a lasers fan sadly Sad
Thanks given by:
Looks alright tbf, car looks reasonably clean. I think it looks ok on the lasers but i reckon clones would look better.

The engine change been done reasonably tidy?
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 06:21 AM)Frosty Wrote: Looks alright tbf, car looks reasonably clean. I think it looks ok on the lasers but i reckon clones would look better.

The engine change been done reasonably tidy?

I don't like clones on a estate funny enough...was just coz they were cheap, needed for gti6 brakes and down the road though tbh.

Erm... Well its someone on the forum who done it and I respect him...but it is on the tatty end. Will try and sort that soon.

I had spent an hour in a wet scrappy getting a ph1 loom to help sort it...still running dw8 loom... But there is only one loom plug on n/s inner wing but two needed for the ph1 loom. 

Odd I thought as my ph3 has the two, was a petrol, but same age, and my ph1 loom plugged straight in to that!

(15-04-2016, 12:43 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Not a lasers fan sadly Sad

I'm not normally...but see reply to frostys comment lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough. I can't remember if my ph1 dt has 1 plug on 2 for the engine loom. I can't recall ever seeing this car on here before.
Thanks given by:
nope ive never seen this car on here before either. Looks good and epic cheap motoring.
Thanks given by:
Fair play, doing well for a £250 budget. Didn't fancy budgeting a bigger turbo into that though? Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 02:51 PM)silverzx Wrote: Fair play, doing well for a £250 budget. Didn't fancy budgeting a bigger turbo into that though? Wink

Trying to bodge up a fmic for free...but struggling. If you could see the bonnet lining to get air to tmic you would see why it needs fmic! Then it'll get a better tune up. He only wants a stg1+ ish.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 05:32 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 02:51 PM)silverzx Wrote: Fair play, doing well for a £250 budget. Didn't fancy budgeting a bigger turbo into that though? Wink

Trying to bodge up a fmic for free...but struggling. If you could see the bonnet lining to get air to tmic you would see why it needs fmic! Then it'll get a better tune up. He only wants a stg1+ ish.

Not really good enough, bigger turbo is essential.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
So. .attacked the rust today...

1mm plates to replace the 1mm steel then 2mm plate over the main strengthening plate. Welded to it, around it and spotted trough...then bolted through.

Should be good for a while...despite my terrible welding.

(15-04-2016, 05:32 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(15-04-2016, 05:32 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Not really good enough, bigger turbo is essential.

Yeah but this is about reliability. He has lived with a 1.5nad for about 6years...and on veg...so this will feel quick already lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, suppose you have a point...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Good work on the cheap! How did you discover that rust - did you have to strip the interior or is it detectable from under the arch?
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 06:44 PM)Tom85 Wrote: Good work on the cheap! How did you discover that rust - did you have to strip the interior or is it detectable from under the arch?

Arch liner had been cut out... I knew before I even looked there be rust.

And i was unfortunately right Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: Tom85
Keep meaning to check on my Dad's - 02 plate too. It has an arch liner in it but not full like a hatch .. so fingers crossed!
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 08:41 PM)Tom85 Wrote: Keep meaning to check on my Dad's - 02 plate too. It has an arch liner in it but not full like a hatch .. so fingers crossed!

Sounds like it been cut partially out
...like this one
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cut out? Most of the estates only have the tiny half arsed liner, it's only to stop stuff splattering into the bumper where the 'sponge' stuff is rather than protecting the arch.

Some very late ones have a full liner but I think I've only seen one!
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 08:52 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Cut out?  Most of the estates only have the tiny half arsed liner, it's only to stop stuff splattering into the bumper where the 'sponge' stuff is rather than protecting the arch.

Some very late ones have a full liner but I think I've only seen one!

Its only ever missing on the back left though!
Thanks given by:
Yeah because its not 'missing' as such. It was designed like that for some reason... No idea why though! Confused
Thanks given by:
So good and bad today...
Did the cambelt...love ZX cambelt cover clips...saved a ton of time...got it done within an hour.

Needs a aux belt, found one on ebay for £5.80 delivered. Win.

Got glowies out...far left one was so seized...and dead. Obviously the other three been replaced before! So bosch ones in now.

However found this:

Runs ok, no leaks, but its worrying. Think will follow through on the plan we had which was build up a clean xud engine for this winter, hdi rods, new seals etc. 

RPM sensor not plugged in... Wires on the ph1 loom dont match plugs on the dw8 at all, I multimeter them all to see...but was a unused plug which matched...so plugged it in. Won't know if works till get engine running...left it mid 10mm fuel line upgrade.

Then went to pick this up:

Brand new pirrelli for £10...  To replace one of the ones on the lasers which is going down and very old/worn. Win.

Return trip...diesel leak on racetractor. Fail.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That crack'll be all right I think. It's just a bit of character.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by: