Smoke off boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoke off boost
How much smoke off boost should I expect? Turned the LDA pin to the most aggressive side today. And removed the washer.  It started smoking quite a bit off boost. hehe
Chucks out a good cloud if I rev it in neutral. And when I accelerate from either standing still or well. Any low revs. I can probably still turn the boost comp out a lil bit. Given it two turns. Im boosting 14 psi, and haven't touched the turbo yet. No smoke on boost. Don't really want to do that before I reduce the off boost smoke. 

Guessing it will probably get a lot worse when I increase boost and fuel to match. 
Can I do anything else to reduce the fueling before it comes on boost, besides what is left on the compensator screw? Would winding the star wheel thingy the lda sits in out a bit help? Doesn't it make it harder for the LDA to travel, so that it doesn't travel as much off boost? I know I have to control some of it with my feet Tongue

How does the LDA and max fuel screw work compared to each other? By making the LDA more aggressive, and turning the max fuel screw out. Will the power still be the same, because the LDA allows for more fuel? How are they related? Smile
Thanks given by:
More boost required.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2016, 03:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: More boost required.

But the smoke is coming before it goes on boost? Will adjusting the turbo make it boost earlier?
Thanks given by:
It'll help.
Other thing that will help...your right foot.
The lda will only drop on boost providing more fuel
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks Piggy Smile My right foot is a bit heavy. Not good at taking it easy "off the line"
Thanks given by:
There are those that can drive an idi diesel...and those that are learning.
No offence meant...just takes a while to get used to it.
However with standard turbo, "offboost" is not very often
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: thecrab
Aye. My first diesel. Used to 50hp Lupos and Daewoo matiz's. And yes. Comes on boost at about 2000rpm. Which is nice Smile
Thanks given by:
Add fuel with boost...
IE right foot
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And what about the "star compensator" under the LDA pin?? It can be adjusted to get on boost fuel later, so it dont smoke.

https://www.google.cz/search?q=lda+star&...hf71kRM%3A
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2016, 12:16 PM)Jaxvine Wrote: And what about the "star compensator" under the LDA pin?? It can be adjusted to get on boost fuel later, so it dont smoke.

https://www.google.cz/search?q=lda+star&...hf71kRM%3A

Aye, that was what I was originally asking about. hehe Screw it out a bit, so it requires more boost to push the lda down?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,976 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Dturbo smoke on boost that bad? daveylennon93 4 1,356 14-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Last Post: daveylennon93
  Smoke on boost Curt 51 9,918 02-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: silverzx