My 306 Dturbo Ph1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 306 Dturbo Ph1
Thought I best put a project thread up of this. I got her from Wales by winning an eBay auction. Had a few mods that weren't to my taste shall we say lol Such as neon washers, dodgy limo black tints, sun strip, dump valve, stickers, horrid side repeaters and worst of all... a towbar :nope:

[Image: imag0168j.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0178.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0177f.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0176c.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0175q.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0174ka.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0173y.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0172k.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0171p.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0170t.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0179g.th.jpg]

Came with a Lucas pump Sad and a little bit of a tweak of the fuel 8-)
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Next job was to de-chav it, so removed all the tacky crap such as the sunsrtip, tints, stickers, side repeaters, washer jets and the dump valve, then ripped the towbar off, made a nice bit of money from the parts Smile Since then I've done a lot of work to it, spec so far is
GTi6 brakes all round inc master cylinder
Braided hoses
Bosch pump with Gov and LDA mod
New Clutch
Nissens Rad
Polybush kit comprising of P bushes, front bushes, rear tensioning bushes and bump stops
New rear beam mounts
HDI gearbox
Replaced manifold gaskets
New heater matrix
Replaced loom and upgraded to electric mirrors
Replaced drop links, TREs, Bottom ball joints, Top mounts
Uprated sound system comprising of 6.5" JBL comps at the front, 6.5" JBL coax at rear 12" Kicker sub, 140w per channel powering front comps, rears off headunit and 300w amp powering sub.
New exhaust wth no mid box
GTi6 PH1 half leathers

Think thats covered everything so far lol

[Image: imag0357m.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0358vy.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0359d.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0360e.th.jpg]

[Image: imag0361w.th.jpg]

Not the most comprehensive project thread but I started one on another forum and cba to copy it all :lolz:
Future plans are maybe coilovers and a bigger turbo oh and lots more fuel Big Grin
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Looks tidy mate other than the dodgey mods the previous owner has done Smile

Thanks given by:
They were gone pretty much the day I picked it up lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Looks very tidy mate you done a good job of dechav in it are the looms all sorted now nice to know a few parts of my old car live on inside this Smile

Thanks given by:
Still got to repair the drivers door loom for the electric mirrows but I've replaced the entire loom inside the car for a good 1 so will all be working nicely once done. Yep, leather wheel will finish the interior off a treat once it arrives. Hope to have the matrix finished and dash in by weekend with any luck Smile
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
[Image: mTRfX.png]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Good progress mate the other parts should be with you in few days Smile

Thanks given by:
looks good and that's a killer list of mods. Love a black phase 1 dturbo! :-)
Thanks given by:
Just won some Spax coilovers on eBay for £200 whoop whoop! Should get some back by selling my Spax shocks and springs 8-) What height shall I go for? It's lowered 40mm at the moment, 90? lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Them spax are going to be ubber stiff if they are the ones i seen on ebay they are for track. Good buy tho mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Yep, they're the ones. Should be better than hottuning offerings though. Hopefully my 185 55 tyres should make it bearable.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Looky at what turned up today Big Grin

[Image: imag0520t.jpg]

Decided to spend the evening fitting them, so here's how she stood before....

[Image: imag0521u.jpg]

[Image: imag0522ep.jpg]

Off with old

[Image: imag0523q.jpg]

[Image: imag0524n.jpg]

On with the new

[Image: imag0525x.jpg]

[Image: imag0526q.jpg]

[Image: imag0527v.jpg]

How she looks now....

[Image: imag0528e.jpg]

[Image: imag0529s.jpg]

Exactly the bloody same! lol Didn't come with the C spanners so can't get them wound down :nope: Can't even test them out as wipers still don't work and I buggered a drop link in the process :oops: Need to clean the 18 month old Spax PSX 40mm kit up and get it advertised now Wink
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
C spanners arrived today so wound the coilovers all the way down 8-)

[Image: imag0531qb.jpg]

[Image: imag0530n.jpg]

Not that low, but it handles and drides nicely
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Been a quiet few months since doing all this apart from someone reversing into the rear quarter of car and nearly writing it off and my car developing a bad knock on the front passeneger side Angry Luckily insurance agreed to get the body work it fixed. Once I got it back I set about replacing the gear linkage rods as they had a tendancy to pop off. In the process I discovered what the knocking was:

[Image: imag0609h.jpg]

[Image: imag0610f.jpg]

[Image: imag0611k.jpg]

Amazingly the car drove pretty straight hence why I didn't think it was to serious, but the nut on the top mount was seriously loose. I'd litterely chucked the coilovers on along the the top mounts. Lesson learned, do the job properly. Luckily I had the practially new top mounts from my old shocks and springs in the garage so swapped them over. Hopefully will be even better to drive. Dodgy

Just waiting on a new drop link as manged to damage the gaitor on it, some oil, oil filter, fuel filter and wiper blades ready to give it a mini service, oh and new door check strap mechanisim to stop the annoying clack it makes when opening the drivers door.
Thanks given by:
Bout time you updated this! Smile gutted someone reversed into it but glad it's sorted! You get any pics of the damage?

Good to see another black ph1!
Thanks given by:
Were about In wiltshire you dude?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No pics of the damage, but it had the rear quarter dented by a mondeo. I'm in Melksham mate.
Thanks given by:
very tidy, nice detail of upgrades too, should turn out great Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
SKoob You thinking about coming to the rolling road meet that Sam is sorting out?
Thanks given by:
Cars all back together, was not fun in this weather Angry car handles like a go cart again. Yeah provided my car doesn't break between now and the 2nd of Feb, being a 306 not sure how likely that'll be lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Did you sell the spax
Thanks given by:
Nope, still got it. Needs new top mounts though as now used them on my coilovers. Pm me if interested Cool
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Decided to tackle the drivers side suspension top mount and in the process discovered that I have a leaky shock, anyone know if Spax refurb their suspension?
Thanks given by:
Yeah i think they do, alternatively you could find your nearest motorsport garage, somewhere that deals with rally cars especially, they usually offer coilover refurb services. i think theres quite a few around wiltshire
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
There is Merlin I guess, reading up on the Internet a lot of folk are saying that Spax RSX coilovers are welded and thus not rebuildable which would suck as I'd have to get some new coilovers. Certainly wouldn't be Spax if that is the case lol
Thanks given by:
As I've now got a gti 6 Big Grin I shall be breaking this shortly Sad will be sad to get rid of the old girl
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 10:29 AM)SKoob Wrote: As I've now got a gti 6 Big Grin I shall be breaking this shortly Sad will be sad to get rid of the old girl

If you do break it I will be interested in both wings and doors Smile
Thanks given by:
Will have the skirts up for grabs too of you're interested? Would finish your car off a treat Wink
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 11:08 AM)SKoob Wrote: Will have the skirts up for grabs too of you're interested? Would finish your car off a treat Wink

I have got side skirts just not put them on yet though I could be interested in a spare set Smile

You breaking this then?
Thanks given by: