is this thing removable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this thing removable?
can this round thingie be removed? it fouls the fork that actuates the thrust bearing and cannot be installed without removing the metal sphere shown here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
If you have to remove something. Something isn't correct. What gearbox is this from. What's it going on etc.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Eh? That's odd
Thanks given by:
Not odd it looks like the box is off something where the clutch arm comes out the front of the box which the arm is needed to click onto it to work. which is why i think the box seems odd
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
the box is off of an NA 1.9 diesel and is getting mounted on a dw8. before it had this welde together jobbie where a fork sticking out of the box used to swivel on that metal ball and when you pull the cable the thrust bearing would work.. this looked like a proper hackjob to me so i tried to convert it to the later style found on the dw8 i.e. still cable driven but much more sturdy and safe imho. the problem is the new system includes kind of a pipe which goes from the yellowish white piece of plastic seen in the pic to another piece of plastic with a fork attached to it linking it to the thrust bearing. ill try to whip up a paint diagram to explain it. thanks for the help till now lads!!
Thanks given by:
yeah but whats the box off. a berlingo? Because some berlingo dw8s use a diffrent box bellhousing to the 306 dw8s and wont work,
Thanks given by:
the box is off of a NA 1.9 diesel off of an old 205. i have to use it because thats the only way the drive shafts wont give me problems on the 205.

this is what i mean..kinda..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
You can just use a standard 306 loads of people do and its fine. If you want to be fussy swap the diff out from the 205 box to the 306. Don't waste your time with that box. Its wrong imo.
Thanks given by:
can't i just grind it off or chisel it off? because apparently it doesn't screw off or pull out.. i tried... :/i wanted to use this box because I already mock fittef it to the engine and everything lines up correctly and..well..it's available and free..
Thanks given by:
It looks like for the fork arm to pivot when a hydraulic slave cylinder is used to move the clutch.

206s have similar setups.

I've removed it before (on a later box) and its on a taper like a bleed nipple for a brake caliper (though on a larger scale) so I would say there is oil behind it.

If you set on using the box, would need to refit a bolt with a taper. Its thread locked in so will be a bit stiff to break the seal.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a BE1 gearbox to me which would make sense if it's out of a 205. The clutch fork setup is quite different and pivots on that ball.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
late be1 boxes have the holes for the be3 style clutch arms, the ball pivot should just unscrew.

you can use a 306 gearnox without issue, just swap the bare diff (retain the original crownwheel to that gearbox)
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
tried unsuccesfully to unscrew it. problem is there is no nutlike part which can be grabbed by a spanner so it keeps sliding.. was thinking just grind it off if i can fit a grinder in there.. a dremel might work actually.. thanks for all the replies guys!!
Thanks given by: