Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(
(11-04-2016, 06:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: Fog lights for fan operation lmao

Well the fogs never get used and im fitting raylle blanks at some point. Saves running a wire and no annoying switch in the dash that shouldnt be there[emoji331]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ideal. I love it

I used a blank by the dimmer switch and a hazard warning button to look all oem
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so a few things have gone on this week. ive fiddled with the pump again to get it dialled in right just didnt feel "right" to me so spent a few hours over lunch breaks getting that correct. but tonight was my workshop night so popped up there. got a driveshaft seal fitted. new p bush on one side. lower brace on to test clearance. it is currently knocking so will need some adjustment. got the passenger air bag removed and fitted one of cullys air bag resistor things. so thanks for that cully. so i now have a top glove box. thats about it at the moment. the exhaust is still blowing that needs the 2 1/2 system remaking for this one. other side p bush to do. rear calliper still to do. as always comments questions and general banter welcomed.  Also the track wheels in the photo off sams raylle

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Nice yellow wheels bro
Thanks given by:
So i cant quite place my finger on it but to me it doesnt seem to be going hard enough!! the gt20 on the 9mm on the last one used to be epic. this is a fricking good turbo on this dont get me wrong but it doesnt seem like enough to me. i know the exhaust elbow i built was restrictive so im going to redesign that and stick a 2.5 inch exhaust on it as well hopefully improve the flow of it a bit. I dont think the turbo will take a bigger fuel pump though. i get a little haze on boost now. any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Needs 4 more inlet valves.......
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thought i'd accidentally strayed into one of dumdum's project threads looking at that engine bay. lol

(Disclaimer: the above is a joke and no offence is meant by it, joking with you is a sign i enjoy the social relationship i share with you and wish to develop it further. Apologies if you don't find it funny, but please don't assume that means it is a personal attack. Heart )

If you've got a restrictive downpipe elbow you will probably find fixing that helps a lot. Could quite possibly just be that the rhf5 won't perform quite as efficiently as a gt20 tbh, it's old tech.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
There is a lot going on in the bay atm that needssorting need to get her going faster first. Just slap a td04 on it probably spool a bit faster right.

Clearly i am now saddened by your comment poodle and the project will now be cancelled while i have many months worth of therapy to get me through the tramatic expereiece.
Thanks given by: Ben_w
That is my kinda engine bay!
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2016, 06:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: (Disclaimer: the above is a joke and no offence is meant by it, joking with you is a sign i enjoy the social relationship i share with you and wish to develop it further. Apologies if you don't find it funny, but please don't assume that means it is a personal attack. Heart )

I think that needs to be in your sig... lmao
Thanks given by:
So among many other things that are stressing me out atm this thing has decided to start misting up the windscreen when the blowers are on. which in my head only means one thing. heater matrix. if this is the case. i am not impressed
Thanks given by:
So amoung the heater matrix going which sucks i am neither impressed or blown away by the rhf5 dont get me wrong its a bloody good turbo upgrade but due to my last build being epic i have come to the conclusion that there is no replacement for the gt series turbos imo. So ill be putting a new blower on come next week and maybe shifting the rhf5 onto another build or i may sell as a "kit" havnt decided yet
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2016, 08:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: Needs 4 more inlet valves.......
And 4 more exhaust valves too. M-TDi 16v sir?

(16-04-2016, 06:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: Thought i'd accidentally strayed into one of dumdum's project threads looking at that engine bay. lol

Whilst I admire Tom's use of cable ties my engine bays are clearly set apart by the use of kitchen utensils and poly pipe.

(17-04-2016, 07:01 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I am neither impressed or blown away by the rhf5 dont get me wrong its a bloody good turbo upgrade but due to my last build being epic i have come to the conclusion that there is no replacement for the gt series turbos imo. So ill be putting a new blower on come next week and maybe shifting the rhf5 onto another build or i may sell as a "kit" havnt decided yet
Fanny.

GT2359V should do you.
Thanks given by:
So as you guys know i got bored of the rhf5 within a week and my heater matrix went. so 6 weeks to go before fcs ive decided i cant show my face without this being the best it can be.
thursday night started taking the heater matrix out     

Got to the workshop this afternoon and whipped the dash to one side. removed broken heater matrix. slung in the bin. fitted new valeo unit and this is where im at. 

So with the heater matrix done. Its time to move on with the interesting stuff. a new turbo. yep thats right a new turbo. The exact one i wanted to run on my last 2.1 but couldnt find for love nor money. this time i got it for free. off a scrap car at work with the downpipe and air intake bits just in case. 

GT2056s  Inlove

now all ive got to do is make an exhaust relocation mani. get that working reliably. get the matrix done and sort some track tyres with no money before fcs.
Thanks given by:
Keep it up Bash! This is awesome Smile
Thanks given by:
good work buddy. Looks like we are all at it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Finally.good lad.

I did matrix night before pugfest last year... All good
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So in the spirit of keep posting on the forum a may as well post some of my bits from this afternoons work. Got the heater matrix complete.    

Then proceded to rip out the engine bay to mount the new turbo. had to turbo in bits so i could clock it to get it where i want it to be mounted and got a spare actuator that will fit. also made some stencils of the turbo flange and the k14 flange to make into metal at work this week so i can then make a relocation pipe. hopefully wont have to buy anything else except a diffrent banjo bolt to fit the gt2056s. 
Also on a side note the gt2056 look bigger than the rhf5 side by side and the compressor wheel looks a lot more intricately designed.  

So thats where im at. the plates will give me something to do in lunch breaks this week so i can then crack on with the other bits when i get back to workshop.
Thanks given by:
More sideways here than japfest!
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2016, 07:27 PM)Eeyore Wrote: More sideways here than japfest!

use your mighty mod skillz to rectify? clicking on them renders them totes the right way up
Thanks given by:
in that last pic you can see the haynes 306 modifying book! Hope to see lots of the things make it from there onto this project!
Thanks given by:
Yeah my mate bought me tht for 50p from a car boot i iz gonnaz do lexus light n spoilerz man
Thanks given by:
Rhf5 is a stage 2 turbo imo, spools almost as quick as a k03, but lasts longer at higher power outputs and boost pressures. Not surprised you're bored of ot with your history lol. Is that the saab petrol turbo?

Edit: lol thanks for the new sig, whoever that was.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 05:30 AM)Poodle Wrote: Rhf5 is a stage 2 turbo imo, spools almost as quick as a k03, but lasts longer at higher power outputs and boost pressures. Not surprised you're bored of ot with your history lol. Is that the saab petrol turbo?

Edit: lol thanks for the new sig, whoever that was.

Its off a ssangyong rexton. The 5 cylinder merc one.

All the pics are sideways no idea why they seem fine on my computer.
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, nice, the 2.9, is that right?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 05:56 AM)Poodle Wrote: Oh yeah, nice, the 2.9, is that right?

No the later 2.7 version
Thanks given by:
the 2,9 is the OM606 iirc, and full Gwagon running gear too in the musso...
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 10:29 AM)toseland Wrote: the 2,9 is the OM606 iirc,  and full Gwagon running gear too in the musso...

OM602 - it's a 5cyl 2.9 litre so older generation than the OM606.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 08:34 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(25-04-2016, 05:56 AM)Poodle Wrote: Oh yeah, nice, the 2.9, is that right?

No the later 2.7 version

Oh shame, has got that annoying spuare inlet on the hotside then? Should go well anywho, mind me asking how much you paid? Haven't seen them go for less than £200, which is about £150 too much for my usual purchases. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I got it for free almong with the downpipe and inlet hoses to make my life easier. Done a favour for one of our customers asked him how much he would want for the turbo off his dead one he said take it Smile and no its the iff triangle
Thanks given by: