Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(
(05-04-2016, 12:13 PM)Iaitoo Wrote: Are the bonnet struts your own making, or did the newer 306's come with em?

Bonnet struts are standard on Phase 2 and 3 thats for sure. Not sure what phase 1 have.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 12:28 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 12:13 PM)Iaitoo Wrote: Are the bonnet struts your own making, or did the newer 306's come with em?

Bonnet struts are standard on Phase 2 and 3 thats for sure. Not sure what phase 1 have.

Ah, cool. Mine has a stick Tongue
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 has a stick (or stand). Ph2 and 3 have the struts.
Thanks given by:
I drove this car on the road tonight......
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
:O :O !
Thanks given by:
Yaaaay!

Why only 5psi though?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah as piggy says. Only boosting 5 psi. Suspect actuator needs some re aligning or something. Drives fine apart from that. Ive got a list of little jobs that still need doing as well. Then after she is perfect i can start tidying her up for fcs.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
yesssss quality! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nice one! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good man, well played, good speed too Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 10:54 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I drove this car on the road tonight......

AWESOME!
Thanks given by:
We have 25ish psi now. No idea what these turbos are "safe" to bit thatll do for now
Thanks given by:
What did you have to do to get the extra boost?

Good progress though, you have cracked on with it fair
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2016, 12:58 PM)Frosty Wrote: What did you have to do to get the extra boost?

Good progress though, you have cracked on with it fair

Actuator wasnt in the correct place. Cut and shortened rod on linch break. Will use mbc to fine tune it
Thanks given by:
So now this has been on the road a few days i feel like i can actually update on this "engine feel" amoung other things. To start with this feels just like a 2.1 toqueful and lazy revving a but puts on speed and a substantial rate and doesnt feel hurried or laboured at all. The rhf5 turbo is defiantly a different feel to the gt20 i use to run. The torque curve is a LOT smoother. Takes a little longer to come on boost but when its on boy its there and begging for more fuel than ive dialled in but leaving it as is till ive got time to tune it correctly.

Now the bad bits ive found, p bushs need doing which i have. o/s driveshaft seal needs doing as its leaking. got that as well. exhaust knocks but i have a 2.5 inch system to build and put on. n/s/r calliper has a slight leak so needs replacing.

Now the REALLY f*cking BAD BIT. i bought the car covered in dirt. for £40 for parts for another car then proceeded to find £6 in it so its a £34 car with mot on. however a little bit on the rear quarter needs painting that i missed. some bastard has ratlle canned it. pikey arse. Those people that have been to my workshop know that my mate has a fully functional spray booth to hand! and as the bumper boot and grill needs a little touch up i may just go full hog and change the colour.

Thought opinions and general banter is welcomed as normal. really want so input guys. at the end of the day this car has been built from the stuff i read and hear about on here.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2016, 12:46 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: We have 25ish psi now. No idea what these turbos are "safe" to bit thatll do for now

for now... sure

joking aside, sounds good. really put some progress on with this already.

you had a good go at describing the motor feel, but really much different from the 12v head?

I don't really have an opinion on paint I'm afraid, it is such a can of worms!
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2016, 07:20 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 12:46 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: We have 25ish psi now. No idea what these turbos are "safe" to bit thatll do for now

for now... sure

joking aside, sounds good. really put some progress on with this already.

you had a good go at describing the motor feel, but really much different from the 12v head?

I don't really have an opinion on paint I'm afraid, it is such a can of worms!

I think that the longer stroke has more of a impact on driving feel than the head to be honest. now ive had both. obvioulsy this isnt an entirety fair comparison due to different turbos. however if i was to build another one it would be 8v head as its just easier to get parts if things go wrong and better clearance. 

The paint thing is up for debate. ive wanted a black car but i hear its a bitch to spray
Thanks given by:
rattle can matt black? panel at a time, you'll be fine.
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2016, 07:36 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: rattle can matt black? panel at a time, you'll be fine.

my workshop has a full spray booth and equipment in. im not rattle canning it i want a front row seat at fcs this year.  Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Paint it yellow to match the wheels [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Kawasaki green or ST orange... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Good to hear she is boosting well.
Time for more fuels n boosts
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you paint this some rediculous colour or make it any more lairy I will disown you.
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2016, 11:18 PM)Eeyore Wrote: If you paint this some rediculous colour or make it any more lairy I will disown you.

Yeah im going to paint it bright pink and run those yellow wheels you gave me
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2016, 06:15 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 11:18 PM)Eeyore Wrote: If you paint this some rediculous colour or make it any more lairy I will disown you.

Yeah im going to paint it bright pink and run those yellow wheels you gave me

That would actually be kinda cool. But maybe a bit too JDM for a french car Tongue
Thanks given by:
If you don't paint it in glow in the dark paint I'll be disappointed.
Thanks given by:
Truned down the boost today. It was a decision that had to be. I was running 28psi and couldnt fuel it enough. Got it down to 25/26 and it goes the same. Really needs a 10mm pump on it.

Also got the rad fans wired in so when i swith on "front fogs" it comes on. Check strap done. Antifreeze change. And drilled some holes in the grill may even give her a first wah tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Oh man thats a great idea... I bet the rallye fog wiring is still in the loom. Maybe i could turn my fans on and off with that if i fitted a fog stalk.
Thanks given by:
Aubergine purple.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fog lights for fan operation lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: