Tachometer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tachometer
Not sure where to post this thread so I figured projects would suffice as it is a project lol apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Anyways to the point I want to install a tachometer in my 1.4TU cause I'm going to be driving it around for a while. I've never installed one on a 306 so I'm wondering what's the easiest way to go about this ?

Also I'm getting a deep dish steering wheel because I set the seat to a comfortable position and I'm having to reach forward uncomfortably to reach the wheel and this isn't possible for daily driving for me as I have back problems. Any wheels recommended ? Or spacers etc

Oh while I'm here coilovers ! I want to get coilvers or lowering springs for the front I'm going to take a stab at the rear axle myself (wish me luck). Anyone know which springs or coilovers are best for the front ?
Thanks given by:
Get a set of clocks from either a 1.6 or 1.4 and plug them in, that's the easiest way for a tach, in regards for the steering wheels avoid the eBay knock offs stick to named brands, I think zx volcane did a thread on the McGill ones might be worth a search
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 12:44 PM)306Dan Wrote: Get a set of clocks from either a 1.6 or 1.4 and plug them in, that's the easiest way for a tach, in regards for the steering wheels avoid the eBay knock offs stick to named brands, I think zx volcane did a thread on the McGill ones might be worth a search

Sweet ! Breakers yard it is then soon for clocks soon haha, Oh cool I'll have a look at that today thank you Smile
Thanks given by:
If you want to keep your mileage I think the rev counter might actually be removable from the cluster but I'm not 100%. I have seen them for sale individually very rarely.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 07:19 PM)RetroPug Wrote: If you want to keep your mileage I think the rev counter might actually be removable from the cluster but I'm not 100%. I have seen them for sale individually very rarely.

Yeah I was thinking of getting another cluster today but I don't wanna mess with the existing one so I want to fit an aftermarket one. Any advice on fitting one ?
Thanks given by:
move the seat forwards.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 09:41 PM)welshpug Wrote: move the seat forwards.

Tbh I've tried that and driven it around a bit and it's fine for the first while but I wouldn't like to daily it like that.

I'd just like that extra bit of comfort and I like the look of deep dish wheels in these
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2016, 09:37 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 07:19 PM)RetroPug Wrote: If you want to keep your mileage I think the rev counter might actually be removable from the cluster but I'm not 100%. I have seen them for sale individually very rarely.

Yeah I was thinking of getting another cluster today but I don't wanna mess with the existing one so I want to fit an aftermarket one. Any advice on fitting one ?

I would advise that wiring in an aftermarket one will be much more of a fiddle than just fitting a new instrument cluster which is held in by a few bolts.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2016, 01:01 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 09:37 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:

I would advise that wiring in an aftermarket one will be much more of a fiddle than just fitting a new instrument cluster which is held in by a few bolts.

That'll be ok I like a challenge so Smile I'll be keeping it simple though it'll be one of these or similar.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performanc...chometer-2
Thanks given by:
If its enough to just change the cluster(The wires must already be there then?), won't the wires behind there be usable for a aftermarket tacho as well?
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2016, 03:24 PM)Iaitoo Wrote: If its enough to just change the cluster(The wires must already be there then?), won't the wires behind there be usable for a aftermarket tacho as well?

That's what I'm thinking and just finding a neat way of routing up from there to a pod
Thanks given by: