dying oem carpet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dying oem carpet
So the carpet in the 205 is dying slowly its not the original but im looking at putting an original item back in it, but id like it black but the 205s never came with black carpets. MY question is would it be possible to dye one and has anyone had any experience?

Stef Smile
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
you can dye them as ive seen them dyed red again before. you can get black ones im sure though from a lower spec car
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Why not look for a grey carpet out of the limited edition 205 gti's?
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 07:35 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: you can dye them as ive seen them dyed red again before. you can get black ones im sure though from a lower spec car
never seen a black one only poverty spec 5 doors which is no good
(10-01-2016, 07:38 PM)roland rat Wrote: Why not look for a grey carpet out of the limited edition 205 gti's?

yup thats what hopefully ive found
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
lus carpet in her 3 door 1.8 diesel was black if that helps your search at all. was a 1995 model. all i can offer in a way of finding one though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
205's did come with black carpets
Thanks given by:
My 205 dturbo model came with a black carpet
Thanks given by:
according to service box there wasnt a black carpet only dark blue
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Mine was definitely black mate. Threw it out as it had stains all over it. Got a red carpet in now [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Thanks given by:
100% It was made
Thanks given by:
Service box isn't always right Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
technically there isn't a "black " carpet listed, which is 100% correct, in the same way that there was never any black trim on a gti, its grey or darker grey, not black.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
It may say it's grey but in my eyes it looked black, therefore it's black [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
Thanks given by:
You can dye the carpet if you so wish:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?4...dye+carpet

NickS13;5452545 Wrote:[SIZE="5"]
this follows on from the thread in the interior section which was asked can you dye your car carpet, i used the link that was in there and purchased a 5 litre bottle on black valeters carpet dye, i wasnt sure if it was going to work properley but what the heck im going for it, also a 1 litre spray bottle and a carpet brush to work the dye into the fibres.
[Image: DSCN0738.jpg]

ive always said you dont learn without trying something new!

so i spent about an hour getting the carpet out of my s13 which was 10x easier than i thought it would be, now my carpet was really stained from the sun, dirty feet and ltos of greasy oily spots so i hoovered it as best as i could and cleaned it with some soapy water.

this is the best condition i could get it to, as you can see its quite badly stained and marked.
you can also see ive got lots of scrap carpet underneath as a base as the dye will colour anthing, including your grass and even concrete.
[Image: DSCN0739.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0740.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0741.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0742.jpg]

then i put on some gloves as it states on the bottle and set about spraying the dye on the carpet, it reccomends spraying an even coat then leaving for 24 hours and applying again if needed. so i put my forst coat on and made sure everywere was 100% covered. now the dye is reallly watery so i sprays really well and doesnt clog together. i then got my carpet brush and proceded to work the dye into the fibres with i spent about 10 mins doing, didnt manage to get half and half picture but it looked so funny so here is the final result,

i think it looks flipping fantastic, its almost like a brand new carpet, you cant see any stains of marks through the dye which is brilliant, and i dont even think ill need to do a second coat as it went so well.
[Image: DSCN0744.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0743.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0745.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0747.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0749.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0750.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0751.jpg]

OHH and dont use your misses cooking jugs, mine went mental with me as its now black lol
[Image: DSCN0748.jpg]

ill get some pics up when i get it back into the car aswell. hope this helps a few people.

and the grand total price to do was £25. and ive still got 3 litres of the dye left which i might sell on as you only need roughly 2 litres.

[SIZE="5"]UPDATE TIME![/SIZE]

ok so today i decided i wanted to try and dye all of the rear panels and they came out suprisingly well, thie first pic show a comparison between normal and the rear panel i did before taking any pics.
[Image: DSCN0752.jpg]
then all the panels done.
[Image: DSCN0757.jpg]

also i thought i give the glove box ago aswell.
before
[Image: DSCN0756.jpg]
after
[Image: DSCN0764.jpg]
and its still soft to touch so im gonna do the door cards aswell if the weather is nice tomorrow.

AND FINALLY!!! the front carpet all fitted with trim panels in place and all the rear put back in aswell as the glove box. its transformed the enitre inside of the car and im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with it.the pictures really dont do it justice its so black and clean it looks like a brand new interior.

[Image: DSCN0767.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0768.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0769.jpg]

you may also notice that i have carpeted the rear of the car aswell using black acoustic carpet, the only reason ive done this is im not putting my rear seats back in, but at the same time i didnt want it scruffy looking and as i use the car as a daily i didnt want to completly strip it and leave it bear.

what do you guys think????
Thanks given by:
great job! ThumbsUp
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
thanks for sharing that looks ideal, ive got a grey auto gti carpet so should work the same.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stripping front carpet impotentials 10 2,921 30-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Last Post: impotentials
  front carpet removeal procta 4 1,230 19-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  re triming car carpet and roof? Lwilliams 2 973 02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams