Rallye Rear Brake Lines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rallye Rear Brake Lines
Hi All,

Fitting the new beam to my rallye and the brake lines on the beam need replacing. Ive found that 4885 34 and 4885 33 are possibly the part numbers from peugeot but dont know that these are right. Would be great if they still make them preshaped etc. The rallye has the bias valve on it. Ive checked service box but there seem to be lots of options for rear brake setups. Can anyone have a look for me and confirm what numbers they are?

Thankyou!
Thanks given by:
Bang your VIN in and it will give you the exact right ones.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No longer available from pug
Thanks given by:
cheers tom. ive heard that from enough people now that i wont bother asking my local. looks like ill be getting some copper nickel pipe and then i need the fittings which i believe are M10x1.00.

I believe that this kit is all I need! Can someone sense check for me?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Copper-Nickel-...H78ps9a0bw

tom has a flaring tool and i believe the nickel copper lines are harder than copper so i dont need a special tool to bend them?
Thanks given by:
any will be fine in m10x1 and for 3/16 pipe
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
okay ordered now! looks like we should be good. delivery is 31st to 6th which is annoying but oh well. plenty to be getting on with
Thanks given by:
If you let me know when you're doing these lines with plenty of notice, ill try and borrow the MICC kit from work so we can get the copper perfectly straight and bent where needed. Will look pukka Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That would be useful tbh... Likely to have spaghetti under there otherwise...like one of my previous HDi's... Tongue
Thanks given by:
got 25ft of the stuff so plenty of chances to get it wrong!
Thanks given by:
you can check on service box, they have nsf (iirc? or some other acronym) listed next to items that are no longer available.

if you're going into manufacturing, I'll take a set for rear please xx
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2015, 07:14 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Hi All,

Fitting the new beam to my rallye and the brake lines on the beam need replacing. Ive found that 4885 34 and 4885 33 are possibly the part numbers from peugeot but dont know that these are right. Would be great if they still make them preshaped etc. The rallye has the bias valve on it. Ive checked service box but there seem to be lots of options for rear brake setups. Can anyone have a look for me and confirm what numbers they are?

Thankyou!

Those part numbers are the right ones for left/right hand sides & are still available to buy pre-shaped from peugeot as i replaced mine earlier this year with them instead of having some made up/ faffing about shaping them & they even come with the plastic coating on .
Thanks given by:
Wait which pipes is it you need as I had the hard pipes for the beam for my rallye earlier in the year from peugeot and yes they were perfect. It's only the short u shaped pipe that isn't pre shaped.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 01:46 AM)Pgtips Wrote: Those part numbers are the right ones for left/right hand sides & are still available to buy pre-shaped from peugeot as i replaced mine earlier this year with them instead of having some made up/ faffing about shaping them & they even come with the plastic coating on .

(29-12-2015, 08:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Wait which pipes is it you need as I had the hard pipes for the beam for my rallye earlier in the year from peugeot and yes they were perfect. It's only the short u shaped pipe that isn't pre shaped.

Phoned two Peugeot dealers and they told me they couldn't get them anymore.

If you know a dealer that definitely has them please do let us know.

Knowing dealers you're probably right, had a complete farce trying to get gbox oil from one down in London, repeatedly told me it was no longer available!
Thanks given by:
Making up the lines is actually very easy if you're using copper as it is very easy to bend even by hand.

The hard part is getting all the ancient, crusty unions apart.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Getting the unions undone was easy...they were seized to the pipes though so twisted them. Sad Though the long pipe ripped extremely easy so probably just as well we've gotta replace that as it may not have taken track abuse!

The ones we definitely need are the two short ones between the flexi lines and caliper. And the long one from the load comp to the flexi on the NS.
Thanks given by:
building track car running the lines inside the car?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 09:19 AM)cully Wrote: building track car running the lines inside the car?

mmmm its kind of track and kind of classic. Its pretty much going to be like the 1.8 so carpets in etc.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 09:01 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Making up the lines is actually very easy if you're using copper as it is very easy to bend even by hand.

The hard part is getting all the ancient, crusty unions apart.

This is the reason mine needed replacing because of seized unions twisting the pipe when changing the perished flexible rear hoses but they're definatley still available from peugeot
Thanks given by:
Not sure for the option in each model, I have seen many rear beam of 306 from the 2nd hand part shop.

some of them have 6 flexible hose, some of them only 4.

My Gti-6 also have 6 hoses but I already use the copper pipe instead flex hose t the Rr. beam. that work perfectly.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
ive got braided rears which i havent fitted in about two years. Finally theyll make it onto a car!
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 09:11 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Getting the unions undone was easy...they were seized to the pipes though so twisted them. Sad  Though the long pipe ripped extremely easy so probably just as well we've gotta replace that as it may not have taken track abuse!

The ones we definitely need are the two short ones between the flexi lines and caliper.  And the long one from the load comp to the flexi on the NS.

That's what I did for most of them, just twisted them off or cut them off and then made up a new union to fresh copper pipe.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,816 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,057 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,953 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben