Is this kit correct? :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this kit correct? :)
Hi guys, Im looking into doing my suspension after the new year. I have heard B4's are decent and won't hurt ride too much. I have also heard that Eibach springs are good as well.

I am looking at getting these shocks
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bilstein-B4-Fr...SwDNdVpN5k

Then these springs
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Pro-Kit...SwNSxVcE~0

This rear beam
http://www.imaxle.co.uk/axles/306-hatch-disc-with-abs

All will end up lowered 30/40mm ish overall.
Do you think that would make for a good kit?

Thanks
Jack
Thanks given by:
Looks like all the right stuff to me. B4s are pretty much just standard struts i believe but being brand new you should fell an improvement. As your doing the springs and struts i would consider doing the top mounts and bearings as well as your going to all the effort.

On the axle i think there is mixed reviews on IMaxle, does seem pretty cheap. I personally haven't had anything to do with them though
Thanks given by:
ive done nothing but rectify im axles work lately, cheap chinnese parts, poor build quality from wrong bolts to silly mistakes like once side higher than other! personally avoid!!
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I was going to go with them as they do fitting as well and I don't have the space/tools to do the work my self tbf haha
Thanks given by:
Don't get b4s, either buy Peugeot new or b6. They aren't at all good imo
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
They are a lot more pricey than the B4's though and most people seem to have suggested that the B4's are really good for standard style shocks.

I'm looking at these kits and wondering how a set of dampers for a 306 can work for a 1.4 petrol as well as a 2.0 diesel. The weight difference is massive :S
Thanks given by:
That's fine but the last two sets I've had were crap. The proper standard dampers are very good
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. How much were the proper standard ones do you know?

I suppose I could get standard shocks and eibach springs. Then lower the rear axle.

I thought the rear axle was knackered tbf but looking at it one of the shocks is a lot more compressed than the other indicating that the shock has collapsed. If this is the case then the reason I have camber on the other side is because its leaning in because the right is lower from the dead shocker hopefully
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2015, 05:55 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Fair enough. How much were the proper standard ones do you know?

I suppose I could get standard shocks and eibach springs. Then lower the rear axle.

I thought the rear axle was knackered tbf but looking at it one of the shocks is a lot more compressed than the other indicating that the shock has collapsed. If this is the case then the reason I have camber on the other side is because its leaning in because the right is lower from the dead shocker hopefully

Echoing Adam here, but the B4's aren't all that. Sachs are a cheaper and seemingly better OE equivalent, although I haven't ran them personally.

Also, if the rear is cambered, then it's broken. It doesn't load up like a wishbone or multi link setup, which changes the geometry as the height changes.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Have Bilstein changed the B4's recently then? Historically they used to be the best of the non-OE replacement standard shocks, but the comments above suggest that's no longer the case Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct grease for axle rebuild? Ben 2 1,909 14-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Ben
  Correct tyre size? Moh 4 1,421 10-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii