rear brake hose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear brake hose
Looking at brake hoses from my local supplier. They have two different kinds. One 220mm and 240mm. Does it matter? Supposed to be different length on each side? And is there any difference between disc and drum hoses, or are they all the same?
Thanks given by:
Doing the rear brake hoses on our car at the moment, Bendix discs on rear.  checked on trw site today and the slightly longer one goes on the right back in a mo with the part numbers

pha326 is for the right, but does not say for a pug on the wrapper.

pha101 is for the left and does say for a 306 on the wrapper.

Just to check because I cannot get my head inline with the caliper union hole, a d glasses and a mirror just dont do it, the union flare for the pipe is the single flare type OP1 type, yes??

The caliper on the other side seems to have an adaptor in the caliper that a union fits into?

The pipe that came out didnt have any proper flare on it at all, lucky it didnt blow off!! will post a picture of that tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Got the hoses off the beam today. Mine is a bit longer on the left side of the beam. Isn't it a bit weird if yours is on the right?
Thanks given by:
just checked trw site 2 mins ago part numbers correct for our car, 101 left at 220, 326 right at 260. the right one seems to fit well but the suspension is relaxed at the moment with the car rear in the air and wheels off. the beam weight is supported so its not completely hanging on the mounts.

have you bendix disc brakes on yours? could you take a picture of the bendix caliper if fitted, the metal brake pipe in the caliper is the interest. if the metal brake pipe is off the caliper, what flare does the pipe at the caliper end does it have, same as the flexy end??

i had to cut the metal pipes as the unions where well corroded, to get the unions out.
Thanks given by:
depends if you have a load conpensator or not.

no compensator and both are the same.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Will have to move the compensator over from the old beam. As the new one has abs. Do you know how many mm it should be? Could probably use the one from the old beam if that one is ok. Should I use the one from the old beam on the other side as well?
Does it matter how long the hoses are? If one is 240 in stead of 220mm, will the brake power be reduced?
Thanks given by:
Interesting, no load compensator on the beam on our car, will check if line reducers are fitted on the front of tank bulkhead, but from memory they are just pipes.

Welsh pug, would you know if the metal pipe going into the bendix caliper has the OP1 flare, or does it have a converter that screws into the caliper with a copper washer, and the op1 flare metal pipe screws into the adapter please??

will post some pictures of the metal [pipe that came out of that caliper with the "flare" ( or lack of one ) that was on the end.

I will be going with the trw pipes, the shorter one o0n the left, unless it looks a poor fit.
Thanks given by:
306 wont use inline pressure regs, it'll be a drum beam with a limiter in the wheel cylinder, or a phase3 with EBD.

no copper washers, they screw straight into the caliper.

if you have no compensator both pipes will be the shorter type.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
    [attachment=26554]cool, thanks welsh pug.

I was in ecp half hour ago getting the klarius rear exhaust box ( needs must will post a picture of the old one and the new one this evening ) and saw the padgid caliper, the metal pipe union holes is a tapered seal face inside for the OP1 type flare, just like the ends of the flexy pipe union flares.

will post a picture this evening of the "flare" or lack of one that was on the end of the pipe I took out, it didn't leak or blow off, but I consider an accident waiting to happen, the b%^$£"&^d that sold me this car is gunna get a black eye!!

turns out both old flexy hoses where the same length, the shorter length quoted in my above post, haho they are on the car now, will see how they look when the car is a quadrapled again.

the picture shows what an OP1 flare should look like, the type of flare thats supposed to be on the black pipe, the pipe taken from the caliper. |No proper flare what so ever, meerly a splayed end which didnt leak or blow out thankfully.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I buy? rear brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material pipes Charlie0 3 6,759 18-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Uneven brake drag on rear wheels balkan_bozo 2 2,044 21-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: balkan_bozo
  Rear brake compensator leaking Ben 4 2,936 24-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Ben