Blue smoke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue smoke
Let the car warm up again today, messed with idle so its now sits about 8000, also shoved some ijector cleaner in the filter housng along with some known good fuel, starting to think its shit fuel in the tank.

The temperature rose to about 85/88 then fans kicked in and took temp down to 83, so thats all fine.

So the smoke issue. Started up with a ploom of blue smoke then eased off till it got warm then it started to smoke blue as idling then when revved it would ploom bloom smoke but then settle back when it was idling.

I had it running for about 30-40minutes had no other issues bar the blue smoke. everything sounds ok, the oil didnt seem to go down much at all if any. I wish i could take it for a long journey on the road but it has no tax MOT or insurance so thats out the question.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2012, 11:45 AM)Fozzy Wrote: Let the car warm up again today, messed with idle so its now sits about 8000, also shoved some ijector cleaner in the filter housng along with some known good fuel, starting to think its shit fuel in the tank.

The temperature rose to about 85/88 then fans kicked in and took temp down to 83, so thats all fine.

So the smoke issue. Started up with a ploom of blue smoke then eased off till it got warm then it started to smoke blue as idling then when revved it would ploom bloom smoke but then settle back when it was idling.

I had it running for about 30-40minutes had no other issues bar the blue smoke. everything sounds ok, the oil didnt seem to go down much at all if any. I wish i could take it for a long journey on the road but it has no tax MOT or insurance so thats out the question.

i would try another set of injectors if you have them to rule them out. is the car high millage?
Thanks given by:
Car is 151k but not on original engine but cant be certain, i guess i should get some known good injectors to rule it out. It seems to be quite clear on idle no but still blue on acceleration. The car has been sitting for over a year with only a few very short journeys, less than a mile so maybe the fuel is dodgy, may drain the tank and put some new stuff in. Once i can find a jerry can that isn't full
Thanks given by:
Check the breather system, I pinched/kinked my pipe by accident just behind the fuel filter housing leading to the 'round plastic thingy' and it pissed blue sauce at traffic lights after a run. I was shitting myself that day!
Thanks given by:
Had the entire breather system off all seems ok even if slightly oily inside. I Also removed them entirely and ran it to see if any different
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blue Smoke KilianManning 10 3,278 28-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Any descent mechanics blue smoke? blinkyeatu 22 4,644 31-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu
  Light blue smoke Nathan1305 5 1,696 26-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan