shot blasting for wheels? removing paint

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shot blasting for wheels? removing paint
Anyone have any recommendations for shot blasting? 

Preferably east / north london way.

Phoned a few shotblasting / powder coating companies and they don't want to know.

Got about 10 coats of enamel paint on my c5 steels/alloys that I can't shift easily. Been at them with paint stripper and its just creating a huge mess and taking forever.

Ideally cheap as possible given they're not particularly special wheels.
Thanks given by:
I be interested to know too...
However my local garage does have a sand blaster...
Hoping I can make use of it soon
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm poss hoping to get some done. Think Cully had some done back along so that should be a place local to me
Thanks given by:
i can highly recommend http://www.southwestwheelrepairs.com
i had a set of Team Dynamics pro race 3's sand blasted there
i was going to paint them myself after but the finish was so good i got the powder-coated locally to me
at http://www.industrialcoatingsupplies.co.uk/

it worked out cheaper for me to use the two company's rather than let SWWR do both jobs

total cost for 4 wheels blasted at SWWR and coated to base gloss white at ICS was £180

picture as from SWWF shot blasted

[Image: 20150629_162614.jpg]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
How much was it for just the sand blasting cully?
Thanks given by:
Hmm Hmm Hmm interesting
Thanks given by:
ive a blaster here depends if there powdercoated really as most blasters will struggle. Happy to give it ago for you.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 02:23 PM)Stef205 Wrote: ive a blaster here depends if there powdercoated really as most blasters will struggle. Happy to give it ago for you.

Its a bunch of layers of VHT enamel paint, could do with being mega cheap as the wheels themselves aren't really worth a great deal and I just want them back to oem.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 01:26 PM)Frosty Wrote: How much was it for just the sand blasting cully?

i think it was £70 plus Vat so about £85 ish

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Cully do you know what media they used did they use sand or soda

Mark fish my ex boss has got a sand/soda blaster I got a few bits I want blasting so has darren was going to ask if I could hire it if I can your more than welcome to do ur bits aswell
Thanks given by:
There was a company doing wheels shotblasted and coated for £20 a wheel west midlands... Was on FB
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 02:23 PM)Stef205 Wrote: ive a blaster here depends if there powdercoated really as most blasters will struggle. Happy to give it ago for you.

That be able to do 17" wheels?

(23-11-2015, 07:42 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Cully do you know what media they used did they use sand or soda

Mark fish my ex boss has got a sand/soda blaster I got a few bits I want blasting so has darren was going to ask if I could hire it if I can your more than welcome to do ur bits aswell

I poss be interested as well mate
Thanks given by:
yeh if anyone knows anywhere around ipswich do let me know!
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 09:50 PM)Eeyore Wrote: yeh if anyone knows anywhere around ipswich do let me know!

My mate refurbs wheels near you man.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 07:42 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Cully do you know what media they used did they use sand or soda

Let me know squire! Got 4 Speedlines that black doesn't suit very well IMHO.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 09:50 PM)Eeyore Wrote: yeh if anyone knows anywhere around ipswich do let me know!

Theres a good place Yarmouth way, Aerocoat iirc, used by loads of people on DubGen.

Theres also AW smart wheels (something like that) over near Hangar 111 near us, prices are a bit higher there though.

Or theres one in Colchester that I forget the name of. Looked into it when I kept bouncing the Focus off kerbs lol but couldn't justify the cost.
Thanks given by:
Right had myself a can of mtfu and got back out with the paint stripper

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-11-24%20at%2017.13....p0blma.png]

Put a shed load on and after a short while and couple of re-applications it has pretty much done the job.

Proper nasty stuff though, get even a speck of it on you and you'll know about it - so lots PPE recommended!

Reckon I can finish them up with some scotchbrite now ready for undercoat and a rattle of black.

Might post some pics up of the wheels when it isn't dark and if I remember
Thanks given by:
I use to use nitromorse to strip paint until they had health and safety on there back now its fecking useless
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 09:36 PM)Frosty Wrote:

That be able to do 17" wheels?

i think we've had 17's in there
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I will start a group chat tomorrow Mr fish Mr frost and tom might be able to sort something out.if.you all keen
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing paint overspray Owen_G_ 14 1,921 22-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: 205steve
  New paint on wheels Matt 4 916 05-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Paint on paint removal MRiches 6 2,305 28-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Choppin