occasional momentery loss of power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occasional momentery loss of power
[attachment=25744]Back safe and sound.

But what is the devise shown in the picture, looks like a metal can with a diaphragm ? and shraieder valve, like a tyre valve, on the fuel delivery line, the larger diameter fuel line. A test point for the tank pump fuel pressure??

.JPGnot having much luck posting the picture, ok will try again in a bit.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure that's not meant to be there!
Thanks given by:
its a peugeot mod to stop the fuel lines resonating through the car
some cars sounded like bee's buzzing coming from the fuel lines

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I wanna see this picture he is on about now haha.
Thanks given by:
Broken pictures again... Confused

It's on most of the later HDi's, X reg onwards, if it's the fuel line silencer thing.
Thanks given by:
Can't see the picture, but as above, sounds like the fuel line damper.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
picture.......

[Image: fuel.jpg]

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
htbh did you do that! thanks cully......

its the device more or less in the centre of the picture, with the rubber fuel hose to the left, and the rubber cap on top of the valve.

Looks like it may have a sprung loaded diaphragm inside?

A damper could well make sense, particularly if pug have had problems with resonating fuel line noises.

Can a pressure reading be taken form this point and is a reading listed anywhere ?
Thanks given by:
If your problem is occasional power loss, check the brake switch. If it's going on and off the ecu cuts power as it thinks you're on the brakes.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2015, 09:02 PM)pro_steve Wrote: If your problem is occasional power loss, check the brake switch. If it's going on and off the ecu cuts power as it thinks you're on the brakes.

ah-ha! (lightbulb moment) thanks Smile
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that one, occasionally I have been pressing the brakes slightly ( big feet and occasionally just on brake pedal whilst pressing the throttle, ) but am now more carefull........will be drilling a small hole in the centre brake cluster cover so should see a red dot if pressing the brakes, and throttle.

Didn't know that the ecu would cut power when brakes pressed, the wonder of ecu and software, makes good sense really.

Thanks for the heads up. as ever brilliant forum.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2015, 09:02 PM)pro_steve Wrote: If your problem is occasional power loss, check the brake switch. If it's going on and off the ecu cuts power as it thinks you're on the brakes.

I can confirm that. I can't remember the full details, but a couple of years ago the main dealer replaced the brake switch during the mot. After I got the car back from them, every time I turned a corner (right I think), the vehicle momentarily lost power. I took it back the following day and they adjusted the switch and the problem went away.

Steve
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent Loss of Power Alan_M 2 1,851 17-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Charlie0
  Occasional starting problem - getting worse Warriorsquare 21 3,712 23-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Loss of power steering etc mattbarker32 5 1,348 10-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle